Split truck angles, wtf are they? and why should I care? and other stuff about trucks

Fucking essential guide, good stuff

2 Likes

Golden stuff

Decent guides

8 Likes

Nice retrieval. I’m sure it will help many people out here.

2 Likes

@Squishy654 deserves all credit.
i just copy/pasta from old forum

3 Likes

We need to copy pasta a lot of stuff, idk how to lol

i did this post manually, by copying text and images over to a new post, which is untenable for a large volume of data. we’ll be linking the glossary of terms to this post and wanted to ensure all the data came over in an easily digestible, searchable format.

2 Likes

Lol I messaged @Squishy654 an hour ago asking if he wanted to have the honor :laughing: Desperate times call for desperate measures though, this is in my opinion the most important out of all threads, I’m glad it won’t be lost :slight_smile:

3 Likes

your absolutely right, i was a bit disappointed last night when the data was not accessible on the other forum. last week i thought “he’ll get to it when he gets to it”, but as you said felt a sense of urgency today to get this one migrated over.

2 Likes

Awesome to have this

1 Like

I haven’t got caliber baseplates with me but with surfrodz you can get a 4mm allen key and shove it in the airgap on the baseplate

Easy way to remove your pivot cups without damaging them. This might be common knowledge but I see a lot of places suggesting pliers.

7 Likes

Oh boy. Learn something new every day :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I always use a little pick to pull 'em out. Sometimes I just can’t get the pressure needed from that hole to pop them out. Plus if you’re too lazy to remove it from the deck you can’t access that.

1 Like

With surfrodz you really have no choice to remove the baseplate since the kingpin is not like any of the truck. For topmount decks anyway

That sucks

Because the nut is hard to get back on?

I find if you line everything up right and push the kingpin to where it’s flush witht he bottom of the plate, you can put the nut on your finger and prress it against where the kingpin will come out and you can screw the pin in while holding the nut on until it grips.

3 Likes

Yeah I can never get it back on I just give up and remove the baseplate lol

2 Likes

Im glad people learned from this. Skaters are correct when say “just ride what you got” but it also matters when you know what you’re doing. It takes both mentalities to make good shit shred, and that’s the whole point, so learn what you can but also shred that shit!!

3 Likes

@wandagoner, nice job moving valuable information. I have one suggestion to make. Since it’s a wall of text can you give heading to different sections? All you have to do for heading is put hash symbol followed by a space in front of a line. It will make the line bold and big like this below. If you use two hash symbol, it becomes a second level heading and so on.

This is a heading.

Second level heading

Third level heading.

1 Like

I wish all baseplates came like that

2 Likes

Im assuming you mean variable angle baseplates…

They do they come in fixed angles. It is stronger and less complex therefore cheaper and stronger. Variable angles is only good if you have to change them all the time that’s good for experiments and dumb people who dont do their homework…

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this thread be a wiki?

2 Likes