Smart BMS Xiaoxiang App Help

I have 2 chargers, a 6A from YZPOWER and a 7A from WATE and both charge my battery under the advertised current rate. The 6A shows in the LLT app as 4.9A and the 7A shows a charge rate of 5.9A. this happens when charging from any SOC top to bottom

Anyone know why? Is it a setting I’m misunderstanding?

In iOS app there’s a calibrate charging amps screen. That’ll zero it out and it’ll read accurately *

• you’ll need to actually test the charger outside the app to know the try amps out of your charger or a inline reader.

Edit

Dang I’m not on iOS

Gonna have to try that when I get my BMS turned on again, what does that do exactly?

1 Like

Do you know how to do that on Android?

Following. Some LLTs read the charging amps really badly. Also on Android and don’t know how to fix it.

1 Like

It lets you specify the current supplied by the charger so the BMS knows the appropriate current to pull and allow through to the cells.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s correct.

The cells still see the charge current. The app just displays it incorrectly.

3 Likes

It more or less calibrates what it sees. Like zeroing a scale after you put a cup or plate down to measure powder

2 Likes

The BMS has absolutely no control over the charging current and cannot “pull” current. It is either allowing all the current through that the charger would normally supply or none at all, on or off, acting only as a switch.

Where did you hear or read that it can somehow control the amount of current flowing from the charger?

2 Likes

This is what I mean when I say “pull current”

I figured it limits everything else so why wouldn’t it limit that? Isn’t that what protections are?

You said that it would know the appropriate current to pull. It cannot do anything other than start/stop whatever current is going to go through otherwise. It seemed like you were saying it could adjust the current flow.

We’re you saying it can only detect when the current level is too high (due to a setting) and stop the current flow if it goes over that setting?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant. Sorry words are not my strong suit.

1 Like

Like I know current and power aren’t “pulled” or “pushed” but my brain keeps defaulting to that chain analogy of electrons that Veritasium posted so now I always picture electrons as being “pushed” or “pulled” through wire.

For me, current can never be pulled. Otherwise you could have current flow at zero volts. Current is always pushed by the voltage difference IMO. Explaining it that way makes talking about resistance (loads) very easy, especially if using the pipe analogy.

But so much of this debate depends on our definitions for particular words and how we describe potential differences. Bottom line…it doesn’t matter if it is pushed, pulled, or neither. What matters is presenting the info in a way that helps the reader understand something. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My battery 12s6p 18650 30q.
Why does it show 100% for almost the entire charge time?
But BMS charges up to 52 volts and turns off, shows about 4.15 per cell

1 Like

Are your values right in the app? Sometimes for me after I finish the ride it shows the batteries at 100% when it’s at 38.78V which I know it’s 54% so change the maximum capacity to a different value and change it back to how you had it before and sometimes that resets the percentage and shows what your truly at, (if you have the Xiaoxiang app of course) or look through your values and see if any of them are incorrect

2 Likes

If you’re on Android. This is a bug in the app I believe. It happens with me all the time. The fix is to go to take parameters and change your cells in parallel value, even if it’s correctly set to begin with.

I’ve had less of an issue using this version of the xiaoxiang app. Rev 5, different from what’s on the play store

1 Like

On ios it never shows the correct percentage. If I change the delta balance start in the settings the percentage resets to the correct value but it doesn’t last long until it freezes again

3 Likes

Yeah mine always freezes at 100% and I’m using android