Skunks Venomous Green machine

I thought Prodigy was more your speed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

giphy(6)

3 Likes

I’m a Generation Z, I think this explains a lot as I have never listened to one song by prodigy.

1 Like

I just got why you said that and I’m bout to cry

1 Like

lol I forgot to @

1 Like

Well fuck today lol

Everything set up did all my motor detections, few late hiccups but it got done.

I noticed after having both Motors hooked up and doing a bench test that one motor would almost come to a stop instantly when I let go of the throttle while the other free spun a bit.

I did the phase wire resistance test and everything seemed fine.

So I did motor detection again and gave it another bench test.

1 motor instantly started smoking and smells pretty bad.

Soooo let’s open these up…

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Those cans snap shut quick

14 Likes

Shit hurts, I probably have 6 marks like that on my hand after cleaning 6 of my Tb motors

1 Like

Ouch, that looks like it hurt like a bitch

Did you figure out the motor issue?

No idea. Put everything back together.
Just did detection again.
Worked the first time.

Did it a second time just because

3 Likes

2 Likes

There is definitely something wrong with this motor, the resistance value is way too high, should be bellow 20 mOhms

Did you check if the connectors are well soldered?

2 Likes

Yeah they seemed good.
The motors did sit on a shelf for a while after being well used.

If I could I’d run the venom wheels on here. But no pulleys + the black and green 97mm abecs kinda match.

1 Like

grafik

1 Like

This thing’s pretty nice @klaus79856

11 Likes

The new rear hanger showed up.
Thanks @Saturn_Corp

127mm surfrodz tkp hanger .
It’s about the same width as a caliber truck but I have 15mm pulleys running 3 bearings each.
I have room to bring them in just a bit too if needed.
Probably won’t be using the boardnamics mounts. Think I’ll use my psychotiller ones

5 Likes

Finally some progress.

Front 177mm hanger and 50mm shoulder bolts
Rear 127mm hanger and 80mm shoulder bolts.

Unfortunately the front is slightly narrower than the rear. I don’t like that.
So I need to find 60mm shoulder bolts or better yet 55mm for the front.
In total the rear is about a 1/4 of an inch wider than stock caliber trucks but I’m able to run 15mm pulleys with bearings ( 3 bearings in each pulley actually)
I’m pretty happy with how this is going.

Nothing is bolted down and I gotta patch the holes from the multiple enclosures I’ve installed plus all the holes from widening the wb when I had rkp and the long riptide enclosure on here.

11 Likes

@Venom121212 also made some dope stickers for me. One of them I put on stupid crooked tho…

3 Likes

I am following this thread for inspiration. I want to do something quite similar only my deck will be 36" long and the kicktail a bit mellower.
Good to know that you can do dual 6355 with 15mm belts on the SR tkp. I was thinking about torqueboards 160mm trucks but will likely go with the SR tkp. I hope they will have a Black Friday sale.
I might also try the Venom Mach1, but still undicided between those or Blue Caguamas.
Waiting for your build to complete and how the TKP feel .

2 Likes

Thanks @Goldrabe
I put the same tkp trucks on my 30 riptide ( dual 5065) and on my 40 hummie (dual 6374). I loved them at both WB setups.
I actually have venom wheels and pulleys coming soon.
Might try them on here.
I think @moon is selling his tkp trucks soon.

2 Likes