Show them bloody pictures [NSFW]

4 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I only went to the ER because I was expecting immediate care towards the gash in my foot that was bleeding through the shirt I had tied around it, instead I was seated in a wheelchair and sat next to the sea of COVID patients, many of which were as pale as a ghost and appeared ready to kneel over and die. I waited for about two and a half hours despite the fact that I was bleeding on the hospital floor and was half naked since I was swimming earlier.
no fun lol

6 Likes

Keep that shit drenched in neosporin dude. White cream, not the clear ointment, works best.

Or if you have cheap Telehealth from insurance or w/e, a cheap script for Silvadene works amazingly too. No fkn clue why or how, but I’ve definitely had enough experience that it specifically makes things heal much better much quicker.

3 Likes

Wtf are those 2 pins ?

1 Like

Those 2 pins were surgically put in so that the bone :bone: can heal/bond in its proper place…so I can have a functional thumb :+1:t5: again…:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Resurrection of shame… I’m never wearing a bike helmet on an esk8 again.

What proper esk8 helmet should I get.

From here on out I’m gonna ride like a grandpa (under 20mph all the time.) So I don’t think I need a full face…

11 Likes

Any downhill or full face would save you there

Interesting @TheBoardGarage just posted a video review about a helmet Unit1 Faro Helmet Video

1 Like

Ouch…I’m really sorry to see you were hurt so badly.

There are a couple of viable options, and yes a full face would have done better there for you.

Anything that goes lower and covers more of the rear of the head is a good thing.

The helmet I review I’d use for riding my Onewheel, as I generally keep it below 18mph. On my eskates I’ll still wear a full face or my S1 Lifer that covers ears and down to the base of my head.

Godspeed on your recovery. :pray:

3 Likes

Good thing i’m wearing a bike helmet at 39mph…

3 Likes

I watched most of it. While cool I don’t like most “smart” objects.

1 Like

Funny thing is that the gash was caused by what I think is a bad helmet design.

I’ll post pictures later

2 Likes

I’ve gotten my road bike up to 45mph before…

can recommend the ruroc atlas, Its a proper motorcycle helmet but on the light side weight wise. Its full face tho. I went head on into a car at 45km/h once(other drivers fault). I’m still pretty happy I had full face helmet. Broke my jaw still.

2 Likes

Demon podium has been a solid performer for me. Light and solid. Protects brain cells well.

Good feels and fast heals

4 Likes

Give us an update duder!

2 Likes

I’m unable to get a good picture of the scar but I’m totally fine.

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone posting their injuries- it helps keep everyone else safe.

The bumps, scrapes, and bruises are one thing but the fractures…

I’ll try to keep the speed down to 3 or 4 miles per hour tomorrow.

skate faster, just wear more gear! im starting a motorcycle suit revolution,1 member at a time. 1member down, a crapton to go . Ill make you all faster and safer if it kills me

2 Likes

I call this skewer in the ham, a very unpleasant couple of weeks. Dog jumped out of some bushes and wasn’t wearing knee protection… never again.

2 Likes