Show them bloody pictures [NSFW]

Definitely good stuff. I have their casual armored pants and am a big fan.

1 Like

I took a 90 turn faster than my ability, thought I could ride it out in the grass but as soon as my board hit it stuck and I flew off. I tried to roll. It saved my head and helmet but my shoulder took the brunt. My app said I was going between 18-21mph. This was about 4 weeks ago. Doc said it would heal without surgery so I’ve just been taking it easy. My pride hurt more than the injury. The sitting still and healing is the hard part of injuries. Been looking around at riding safety and technique.

5 Likes

Yeah that’ll shake your confidence for sure dude, build stuff if you can move around enough to do so. Otherwise start binging 90 day fiance

4 Likes

forget the blood i ruined a nice jacket sliding on pavement

Blind corner transitioned into patchwork brick road. Thankfully my instincts from falling on my ass repeatedly kicked in and got myself to roll instead of earning myself a trip to the ER.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Our sides have a matching hamburger, hope you have a fast recovery!!!

1 Like

Yeah those side ones sting! Been there :sleepy:

1 Like

Good old big foot haero had no issue with gravel, tall grass, sand and even snow. It was however no match for boston public works who decided to fucking super mario cart my ass with some good old oil slick. :fu:

10 Likes

What’s that plastic you put around the bruise? A transparent band-aid / plaster?

1 Like

Tagaderm is one of the brand names for it. I get it on Amazon for cheap, pharmacy is 3-4 times as much.
Good stuff, helps keep it moist. Hit the wound with triple-boitic then put that stuff over it(wider so you have adhesion)

4 Likes

I’m glad your okay but I did have to laugh at that comment.

1 Like

Quick update. Bumped into boston public works cleaning up. Cool dudes. We had a good laugh at my report which also includes the mario cart comment :smiley:

Directing my rage at the random truck that probably have a leaky transmission or something. The fuckers.

And ya thats Tagaderm… someone knows his first aid supply. Its good shit… Problem with it is that it sometimes does too good of a job and the skin don’t really heal. I took mine off now I am back home and blood pretty much pooled up under the bandaid. Gonna take a shot of whiskey and alcohol wipe the thing and let it dry.

Best treatment though (which I ran out off) is hydrogel burn pad. Those are amazing. A little hard to keep in place. I use some medical tape to hold it down.

2 Likes

I see. Yeah, wondering what to put on mine before I head to bed in an hour :thinking: Whatever I have I guess.

Vodka and spit :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s better for when the wound is done discharging.
Hydrocoloid bandages are really good too(assume similar to hydrogel), they’re great for pulling stuff and absorbing wound gunk.

I’m stocked up on all this shit, for me, and for group rides to send someone home with a couple days worth.

Road rash sucks, I don’t ride without kevlar now.

2 Likes

Suprasorb!

i knew ur arm reminded me of something xd

istockphoto-493615937-612x612

Is that similar to what they use on tattoos? My mother’s a nurse so we used to have a lot of that stuff at home but never really used it because we didn’t get big (as in big surface area not big deep damage) wounds. Am I right that that’s very good for surface stuff like road rash and less so for deeper cuts?

2 Likes

You are exactly correct. Putting that on deep cuts is a no no.

2 Likes