Join the club, its a badge of honor.

4 Likes

Not shitty enough, reported and insta ban

1 Like

I’d like to know wtf is even going on here :laughing:

9 Likes

so many RPMs.

5 Likes

What part? The shitty XT90 to XT60 adaptor or the motor leads? They were insulated before powering anything on for those worried :grin:

Wait, that’s an XT-60 connector sticking out? I thought you just dismantled it from the inside and had the XT-90 poking out lol

But what are you using that motor for? Just testing the ESC, or a legitimate use case?

1 Like

Yep, the Stormcore has an XT90 deep inside and all batteries I had on hand are XT60, so I made a wireless (no wires, just one connector soldered directly to the other) adapter

Just screwing around with it, it’s a really hard motor to run, before it was plugged in FSESC4.20 mini and had all sorts or weird behavior, that is when it even spun. Still not running well here but it’s a matter of tweaking the configuration
Really low resistance and inductance

3 Likes

w0w… almost a 120amp motor!

indeed…

4 Likes

I bet it wouldn’t handle that for more than a few seconds

This whole saga started trying to revive and old RC car that this motor was on, fried the ESC a few year ago, and since there is a bunch of VESCs around why not, but will probably put an old 5055 I have or a Boosted motor

1 Like

0DD077D9-125E-4038-80B2-63D14D492D71

8 Likes

She will take 21 hours to charge.

10 Likes

What battery are you charging?

2 Likes

It’s just a 14s 7.5ah pack.
Problem is I busted my D140, and after fixing it, it still wont be acknowledged by my charger…
so my hobby charger is balancing each cell at a time at 2.5ah
Until I get my smart bms in like 2 weeks or so.

1 Like

9 Likes

shitty DIY

14 Likes

To anyone wondering, this pack is still used to this day. Almost 1000km on board.

At most it was used at 56A discharge on a hot day with no signs of overheating (besides motors cooking)

I had to come back once and fix a cracked solder (most likely moved the cable before it cooled down and compromised the solder), and i do admit that it could have potentially lead to some melted abs plastic and even worse from there if left unchecked.
Luckily the power loss is very obvious from 3p to 2p in a pack and it was fixed before being put back on the road.
So… maybe not so shit at the end of the day? I’ll post when it catches on fire
P.s.: do NOT do what i did to measure the voltage there. Nearly cooked my fingers next attempt

2 Likes

Man I have come so far.

8 Likes