Yup. Stole those pics from FB post lol
I insist. He shoulda just given Ralph his money back n stay quiet. He messed up

2 Likes

Hahaha My man

2 Likes

That looks like a battery charger on the deck lol

3 Likes

Most well done part of this was the griptape :rofl:

Ironically I’m considering chopping this up and reusing it with all the knowledge I’ve gained in the last 2 years.

One big ass motor and that sweet 12" drive wheel. Already set up with chains. Hoping to make it convertible to a snowmobile in the winter.

17 Likes

5 Likes

15 Likes

Is that … a Carvon Exo Pro?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes indeed, my good sir. The duct tape was part of the extended performance package.

Actually its just there to hold the Koowheel gear on because while the koowheel ESC and motors that were used in the Exos were dead solid and performed pretty damned well, the enclosure brackets and mounting system was absolute shit and would break pretty easily.

5 Likes

Who likes batteries that you don’t know the condition of cells of, and wood screws!

P.s. the battery is thicker than the enclosure, so it’s just squooshed in place

6 Likes

This is an official diy term though.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Nice! What material/thickness did you use? How is it holding up?

@dickyho
@RipTideSports
Another DIY extension bracket.

2 Likes

It’s simple 2.90€ steel plate connector/assembly, for building construction, like this :
https://www.bricodepot.fr/auxerre/patte-de-liaison65x180-mm-ep-25mm/prod1696/

The cool thing is that it let me use pneumies on my deck WO having to cut some wheelwell or reshape the deck, so I can profite of all the wide section I want to keep for my feet where the drop is to enjoy it as gazpedal.
also the hole pattern of it is the same as skateboard baseplate truck holes. I just have to redrill D5.5mm.

A esk8fr friend advice me after some estimation to double the plate to be sure and safe. And I to say that it hold up pretty well, I don’t feel any flex or something spefique from there.
Plus it’s not like a full extention bracket as Gbomb or EXILE as it have a common fixation point still existing between the deck and the baseplate.

:v:

12 Likes

Bought this used DIY board for 170€ for my brother to use over summer. This is what the guy was using as an anti-spark switch lol

Here’s my board with electrical tape holding a wire for the battery indicator, wire for my charge plug, and of course the lamp switch to turn on the BMS on the other side. Also a nice shot of my crappy ABS enclosure while it was still new.

When you have no deck but all the parts… Cereal box and packing tape enclosure ftw

Send me a PM if you like the look of this deck and want it. It’s a defective board from a local deck maker. (Defects include it being 13 layers thick, making it super heavy, and we had to drill new truck mounting holes because the guy who did them originally was probably stoned out of his mind)

5 Likes

Good Job! I’ll see if I can find one like that at Home Depot ^^

1 Like

I love the initiative but that riser and battery makes it look like a pregnant whale in wedges. Dog, if you ever make it here, take minimal offense.

8 Likes

Good lawd, giving the Lonestar a run for it’s money

11 Likes