💩 Shitty DIY and nothing else!

At least you took the time to hear us out. Kudos.

18 Likes

20 Likes

Please grab one of your plug and play adapters, cut off the heat shrink, take a pic, and upload it here.

Whoever you buy your presoldered stuff from may not be doing it right

2 Likes

6 Likes

Not bad, could be better. What battery current limits do you ship your boards with?

4 Likes

hey man you should try out ceramic tweezers. you can hold the wire down in the pool of molten solder it is really cool! (I mean it doesn’t cool…)

I got some reverse ones so you don’t even have to use both hands and you can add flux and solder easily.

7 Likes

40A per side for a BMS rated 135A

Could be better tbh. Reminds me of the other guy who called me a wonderful word. I like to make sure mine is fully inserted and then properly soldered.

1 Like

Yeah probably okay, I wouldn’t take it racing or hard offroading but for the street it’s safe I think

3 Likes

how strong are they? won’t the tip just crack and pop off? its my first time hearing these, would love to try them out if they can do a good job of holding wires while soldering, my multi hand tool thingy is very sloopy when trying to hold any wire bigger than 14awg :cry:

e: found this on amazon, they any good?

2 Likes

nope it is the tough kind of ceramic.

yeah there are loads of them, the black ones look nice.

I notice the reverse ones are a bit beefier, and are totally great to have paired with the normal tweezers.

oh I think the best part is how they are easy to clean.

4 Likes

oh nice, imma give it a try, hopefully i can ditch my sloopy hand tool.
im going to get the reverse and normal version, just for lolz

1 Like

yep combine these ceramic tools with the real deal helping hands thing and you got a really good setup.

Plus a good station as well haha.

yea, im planning to get those 4 hands one that has a square base, they should be way better. no actually anything is better than what i have :joy:

this is what i have rn, they are pure shit

3 Likes

Yeah this is shit, it just fall all the time
I got this hobbyking soldering jig and it good for esk8 stuff like connector and all

(1000th reply)

5 Likes

thanks man, i will get that too, doesn’t hurt to have extra set to switch around :+1:t2:

Great to hear. Didn’t expect a reply but am pleasantly surprised.
Thanks for hearing us out and even posting pics.
Faith reborn.

8 Likes

My helping hand has been (still is) a pipe wrench
Rubber band on the bottom to keep it gripping. perfect for soldering connectors and wires

6 Likes

i’ve been using similar method since the sloopy hand, should have come here to ask for recommendation earlier :see_no_evil:

1 Like

O’ reliable. Mine has the bolt adjustable so that it can clamp the items I’m soldering onto.

1 Like