Random Great Deals 2020 [Serious]

Hi. Sorry missed your post. Not too late yet.
20% off till 1st January. WINTERSALE2020 is the magic word:)

2 Likes

SurfRodz 20% off sale

5 Likes

That’s cheap.

lol at the MOQ of $1

1 Like

Amazing deal: $1.25 for A123 2.5Ah 50A 26650 cells:

They are as heavy as a regular 21700 cell, and are 5mm thicker but 5mm shorter. so pretty much a 1:1 swap for most decks, and LiFePO4, thus much longer lifetime.

6 Likes

Better deal: $0.97/cell shipped

edit: also, there is a regular deals thread, no reason to keep this BF thread alive…

5 Likes

Deal above you is for the m1b cells 2500mah vs m1a 2300mah.

These cells are great for 15s! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops, pulled the wrong one up. $1.15/cell.

3 Likes

Their origin is also different - used in electric bus vs Hospital UPS. I’d prefer going with the safer option.

4 Likes

Seems like an odd deduction to make considering you have no clue what they were actually used for. But you do you.

1 Like

May be personal, but I trust the guys at Batteryhookup more than a random ebay seller.

5 Likes

i just dont like their website.
Looks like a 12 year old made it in 2003.
All caps descriptions too on everything. smh

5 Likes

WHAT ARE YOU TAKING ABOUT THIS IS A TOTALLY NORMAL WAY TO TYPE THERE IS NOTHING TO BE CONFUSED ABOUT

I think it gives a sense of urgency when shopping like oh I better pick these up in a hurry this guy’s hustling.

thx for reading my TED TALK

6 Likes

Who is Ted and why does he talks so much?

7 Likes

Agreed. Their stuff works though.

1 Like

I paid about $9/cell for my m1b new. Paid about $6/cell for 100 m1a. This price is great even if used and need unwelding. A123 easily get 1000 cycles. 4s2p can jump start a car

2 Likes

Those cells do look interesting and apparently they will ship here for a reasonable price.
Do you use those in a skateboard? From what i read they are kinda heavy for the capacity, any other drawbacks compared to 20700 liion cells?

1 Like

Low sag, high cycle life, better in temperature extremes, generally more stable.
Boosted gets away w/ a 12s1p. I think quite a few more will fit nicely in a hummie deck. Probably 12S3P or 17-18S2P.

1 Like

Like in tropical heat? We don’t get really crazy temp probably around 38-40C during the hottest season.

As for range I thought boosted’s was shit, isn’t it?

I’d like to get like 20km so I can go to the hardware store and come back home on a charge. But I live on a hill and I am going for 8” pneumatics.

Should have said better in the cold, I don’t know how their high temp properties differ from other cells. Having higher discharge though, I’d expect that to be less of a factor.
Less sag means slightly more range. 7mi out of a new boosted is pretty impressive for 2.5ah imo. And I wouldn’t plan on only running 1p on anything except maybe some hubs.

2 Likes