Seattle/Tacoma off road trail rides

Oh yeah, forgot to mention there are a couple Telegram groups for local riders I can add you to.

You can add me at @neverhaven on telegram and l’ll invite you to the relevant groups

3 Likes

Awesome thank you. Haha Im under a rock I’ll have to go figure out telegram now.

3 Likes

Yeah, @ITouchTreesforSci join our telegram, we are killing bots in the FB group.

Lots of fun trails around here!!

1 Like

Fuck yes I’m there.

I’ll drag @BenjaminF with me

5 Likes

Carve sea off-road adventures :joy:

Carve pdx baja trials

3 Likes

My build isnt for offroad, its a MTB build thats design for street with higher clearance lol.

We have a fun small bike park too

I’ll keep an eye on the weather and post here/ telegram chat when it looks good to schedule. We should be getting some nice spring weather on a weekend soon.

Coming soon - Missing 411 , the electrified.

False Seattle springs

1 Like

Live in Tacoma and after paying someone to make me a an upgraded battery for my old carbon evolve board it seems the bms might have went bad. After some research it look like best route is to buy aftermarket vesc? Anybody out there that can help a noob and point in the right directed which one would be best for the carbon evolve board so I can get back to riding again?

Well, first off I would start by asking here

About your question though the primary concerns are 1: finding something that’s the right size and 12S capable, the stormcore 60D+ is a good option but may have issues fitting in the enclosure. makerX DV6 is similar in size but a bit cheaper with fewer features.
2: you still need a BMS. Your vesc can handle low voltage cutoffs and ensure that you don’t over discharge your battery but without a BMS you’ll have no way of balancing the cells during charging. There are a ton of local people as well as people on this forum and locally who can swap out your BMS. It’s important to have a BMS

Also if you talk to @Yeahthatperson or @bboybowzer they’re both super invested in the local community and have tons of connections.

Daly and a unity/xenith or flipsky 4.20 my friend.

Stormcore is gonna be hella tight with 18650 I think still

2 Likes

Yeah, I would agree 100% with everything @bboybowzer said. Personally, I wouldn’t have my enemy use a Flipsky :rofl: so I say zenith/unity. I think you’re also need a new remote so you should get a Hoyt puck

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Had someone online make me an aftermarket battery (10s5p) and put my stock bms on it so i could just put it back in my board with a small spacer. Worked a few times then stopped working. Want to get it back up an running but don’t have any experience building boards. Im assuming I just need those items you were just talking about? Do you think it’s straightforward enough for me to install them or do you think i should get some help. Which reminds me, do you know of anyone that builds these boards nearby?

1 Like

As far as I’m aware there’s nobody local building boards for hire/as a service. We do however, have “build day” pretty regularly (I think once a month) which is a great opportunity to learn how to work on your own stuff since there are people who can tell you how not to blow stuff up.

If there’s something you’re not comfortable with, generally somebody from the group is willing to lend a hand.

1 Like

Ummm since you had the ask the question. I wouldn’t attempt it.

You’ll have to resolder your balance leads for a new bms and misc connectors.

I did 10s5p with 18650 in a evolve carbon. It’s very tight. I think that build is still running.

2 Likes

Any chance you feel like helping to rebuild it with a cash incentive :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Hey whats up!

Trying to get my board running again. I purchased a focbox unity and hooked it up but the firmware wont update so i can program everything. Did some research and looks like it might be missing the bootloader and I cant seem to get it to upload. Any chance you know how to fix it and or do you have a little free time?

Edit…evrytime i try to update firmware “erasing the bootloader” times out but firmware upload works. It just doesnt actually change anything.