*SCAM ALERT* neoONE S deck GB - $210. [Closed Now] (SERIOUS)

Yeh bruh u got rekt! Laughs while hugging my own Neodeck

5 Likes

Man i still wish you the best for you and your deck. Hopefully it arrives soon and without damage. What are you plans if you receive it? Keep it after all the time or get rid of such a cursed item?

I’ve decided to try and fix the broken deck I received. Plan is to drill a hole right where the crack ends, then spread the 2 sides, put some wood glue in there, then clamp them down. Hopefully that will be enough; since the trucks should keep the sides together as well. Will use this new hole as a charging port.

based on what I saw, I would skin the neodeck.
I didn’t say anything when we were all still in love with Jeff, but laying all the bamboo in the same direction was silly. The prototype had crossed fibers, he should have stuck with that. have you ever seen any other skate deck with all the fibers in the same direction? Neither have I.

5 Likes

Nah, fuck that. The list of people who got hosed is a long one and has my name on it in red letters. Sorry you’re one of the afflicted.

8 Likes

Fibreflex… but those were sandwiched in fiberglass.

1 Like

use a water-proof epoxy not wood glue, ejaculate it in really good and clamp it the best you can, then pray/curse to fukkin @jeffwuneo everytime you ride

5 Likes

Hello old thread. Didn’t think this deserved its own build thread per se.

A couple weeks back, my friend was riding my neoONE, and as he got off, he put all of his weight on the back-middle of the lid. I heard a crunch. Uh oh. It caused a fracture right in line with the truck holes. The deck itself was split maybe 1/3rd of the way through, but the whole lid was split in half. Luckily we were able to carefully ride it home.

I scolded my friend for not keeping his weight above the trucks, but at the same time, this felt like a pretty serious design flaw.

I really like the shape/look/feel of this deck, so I wanted to fix it!

I glued it and clamped it to fix the cracks. Then I added two layers of fiberglass to the bottom, one layer all across the top, and an extra two layers of carbon fiber to the lid.

I didn’t plan on posting about this, so the pics aren’t the greatest.

After applying fiberglass and doing a rough cut (if you look at the bottom left two truck holes, you can see the crack):

Post sanding:

Painted with truck bed liner:

Complete:

I’m using Meepo’s 100mm hubs on Brotherhobby suspension trucks, 10S3P with some kind of Hobbywing ESC.

10 Likes

Well he convinced me to send the board back for a replacement that never came so I didn’t even have the option to fix it

6 Likes

Yup, regret my role in that. Apologies.

6 Likes

Damn, that’s too bad. It’s my favorite deck for something quick to pick up for a short little ride. Longer than you expect, too, and the kicktail is nice, even if I don’t use it often.

2 Likes

Are you annoyed that the lid isnt flush with the rest of the board? I still have a untouched neo deck, but looks like i need to reinforce it and shave of a few mm on the lid xD

3 Likes

Kinda, yeah. Even before adding the CF, it was perfectly flush, so once you added any kind of gasket, it would make it not flush any more. Now with three layers of reinforcement, it’s raised quite a bit. I might use my friend’s mill to shave off a few mm on the underside, but I’m so lazy. Might do that in the winter.

2 Likes

These decks look nice but they don’t last. For an integrated deck out out of wood, it needs to be a substantial thickness or it’ll just fail over time and cause an accident. I’ve had my custom one for over 2 years now with no issues

2 Likes

I have two other wooden integrated decks. I don’t think it’s an issue with the thickness as much as how it was manufactured, particularly the gluing process and layering. In this case, the problem was that the layers weren’t stacked upwards as most decks are, but rather pieces of wood glued sideways. It just so happened that the truck holes were directly in line with where two pieces of wood met, so it was a weak point.

Oh well, it’s better than it ever was now, so I’ll just keep enjoying the ride :tada:

1 Like