SABRE DYNAMICS - General Discussion - CNC Parts & Services

What filament are the Sabre Blades printed with?

3 Likes

Hey John, we use PETG and TPU.

1 Like

Congrats @brown5tick! we will contact you for the shipping information :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

YAAAAASSS!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

All those old women that evacuate the area and their bowels when the Heavy Weather rolls around now gonna be throwing themselves in my path.

Old lady: “Young man! What are those unorthodox yet ingenious concave appendages!?!”
brown5tick: “Dem’s Sabre Blades, baby.”
Old lady: “Goodness! I see how they afford you improved control, not to mention respect. Here! Take my granddaughter to do with as you see fit.”

I can’t wait!

21 Likes

Dudee I’m on the floor rn :joy:

Thanks bro! :wink:

5 Likes

The Granddaughter after seeing your concave pads

16 Likes

:+1::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Bam!! :boom: Gift has arrived in the post. :partying_face:

First impressions: I’m really impressed with the professional packaging and presentation of this gear.

Sabre unboxing

Challenge #1: where tf am I going to put that sticker to do it proper justice? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

On to the products themselves: build quality is solid. Feels light but reassuringly sturdy in the hand. There are a few small artifacts from the manufacturing process but everything that’s exposed (i.e. not meant to be under griptape) looks especially tight.

Sabre blades 1

The overhang offers you an extra 2.5 cm of footprint, so that’s 5 cm in total across the width of the board. The contour that makes the concave is gentle but progressive and leads off to sharp edge on the inboard side with enough flex to adhere neatly to whatever curvature there is on the board’s surface without leaving a prominent ‘step’ or being brittle or fragile.

It took me a while to figure it out but I eventually found that the grooves that run along the length of the blades aren’t just aesthetic. They actually serve as its ‘easter egg’ feature! Once I managed to run the stylus of my record player along them at the right speed, I was treated to rich recordings of the enclosed Sabre Blades instruction manual, @Creavenger’s university thesis and a mysterious geo-caching reference that I think got cut off a bit at the end. Maybe I need the fifth Blade in the series if I’m ever going to find out what happened to Admiral Crutzen’s legendary treasure trove.

It’s probably gonna be a couple of weeks before I can get these mounted on the Heavy Weather. I’ll provide an update when I do, and of course if I make any progress on that geo-caching thing.

13 Likes

Thanks Bro, glad you like them so far. Looking forward to see how they will do on your deck! :metal:
I’m sure the sticker will do good anywhere you put it :wink:

2 Likes

About the easter egg, congratz you are the first to notice! It is rumoured that skatan’s deepest secrets are stored on the fifth blade. I wouldnt dear to play it because @BillGordon is supposedly on there too… lord knows what he has been up to.

2 Likes

UPDATE time

Developments have been slow due to the renovation, and moving but the end is in sight.

We got some custom Red and Black connectors through a cooperation with @PixelatedPolyeurthan, they look awesome and will be used for a new batch of sexy loopkeys. Will make some product photo’s next week so expect seperate coloured connectors up on the website soon!

Also got a lot of requests about the panel mount. Early next week we should finally get the grommets so after that there will be some stock again. Also made a simple enclosure cutout guide for the panel mount. Cutouts can be made with a drill and dremel. We will soon offer a gx12 sensor connector version too.

Once the moving is done the CNC projects can continue, got a few projects in the pipeline that should be exciting!

14 Likes

Sneak Peak for those you have not see yet :grin:
Hopefully if there is enough interest, we can start doing custom colours such an pink,blue,purple and green mr60/xt90s etc…

9 Likes

Love that red xt90s :ok_hand:

4 Likes

What’s the story, Louis? You colouring them all in with felt-tips or what?

3 Likes

Surely if it were that simple everyone would do it :wink:
It’s a process called anodising.
You can watch about it here

7 Likes

Big pot of rit dye is my bet.

2 Likes

lol, those are some old method u using
check this out bro, much better version

8 Likes

:tired_face:

4 Likes

Ah yes, noted for next time :joy:

Party pooper.
Yes it’s rit dye with a nice method I found to make exceptional results while keeping the price very competitive.
I’ve sent a loopkey over to @xsynatic for him to test out, but these shouldn’t wear on over time, at least I hope not. The tests that we made have shown no wear

4 Likes

Panel mount back in stock

Cutout guide will be included in the box and can be found on the website too.

Panel Mount Cutout Guide V1.0.pdf (135.3 KB)

8 Likes