SABRE DYNAMICS - General Discussion - CNC Parts & Services

Awesome! Love the custom paint job :star_struck:

2 Likes

Working on a batch of heatsinks for unity/xenith/stormcore, made a few custom ones for @spacecatatelier. In general we’ve been stocking up on parts for an anodising batch. Just gotta keep slinging some more aluminium chips and then soon there will be more anodised products on the website :love_you_gesture:

17 Likes

Too bad i dont need a custom heat sink because this would be a cool design

Maybe someone understands my nostalgia lol

11 Likes

Haha classic. Maybe you can find a couple of those McDonald happy meal gold bars and convert that into a heat sink :laughing:

1 Like

It was Burger King XD

1 Like

Custom Anti Sink plate for @esk8noob :ghost:

17 Likes

Roughly how much would a heatsink cost to get made custom? I need one made for a spintend Ubox 75V, i can make the CAD files for it haha. Shipped to the US if that helps. For some reason nobody else makes heatsinks for these VESC’s yet.

1 Like

pretty much no one has the opportunity to push them hot enough before it pop itself on detection, so… :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Ouch. Fwiw, mine ran detection fine multiple times, just made sure to have the right firmware and vesc tool version. Boots and runs as expected now.

2 Likes

that’s good for u, try not to mess with it from now on, there are too many money loss on these spintend, hate to see another incident

Do the Uboxes even get hot enough? I’ve never been able to push my V1 past 60C, and that’s in a completely enclosed top mount black box pushing 80 motor and battery amps on a 35C day.

1 Like

This says nothing without knowing the surface you were riding on, drivetrain etc. We had two uboxes overheat and shut down the last groupride I did.

2 Likes

True it was mostly flat land, but duty cycle was pegged at 90% more or less over the entire time over 4 miles. I’ve also done figure 8 tracks where there’s a lot of braking and acceleration, but similarly couldn’t get it that hot. Maybe the giant case had enough thermal mass for these.

1 Like

You can pm me the cad file and I can take a look

1 Like

I’m planning on maxing mine out at 100 motor amps per side, riding very aggressively with relatively tall gearing in texas weather - It’s gonna be significant. I’ve already replaced the thermal pads inside the stock heatsink, but i’d really want a proper heatsink exposed to outside air, rather than just having what basically sums up to a thermal mass which will eventually heatsoak.

1 Like

A wild missingno appeared!
missssing

3 Likes

Man, that was a time huh :eyes:

1 Like

Custom heatsinks for Spacecat atelier. Featuring some sexy orange anodising :star_struck:

11 Likes

7 Likes

I made some content on the creavenger youtube channel in the past, but due to lack of time this kinda stalled. Because I still like creating content, I figured maybe I can film some sabre stuff and share that with you guys.
If you watched the video let me know what you think, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you have some tips like less or more machining action etc.

18 Likes