Rounded nickel strip controversy

I’m not building that many packs but I can say I do round corners and do a lot of insulating on my packs and it puts a good 20-30 minutes into the build time.

I cut strips round only when necessary. I do not cut all of them. I use gaskets, barley, kapton, pvc shrink and eva foam. Imho it’s a huge waste of time (and conductivity) rounding them all. Protecting the balance wires is way more important and productive. Just my opinion…

3 Likes

I round all my strips because it makes sense to me to not have any sharp corners anywhere.

Even if it is in a position where it doesn’t matter, it still looks better and more professional. It is an easy step to complete, and with a good tool like the Corner Chomper is also pretty quick.

Fishpaper rings are also an easy step and provide a great level of protection in my mind. I think you would be mad not to use them. I use these ones in groups of 9, they save heaps of time.

AU $1.63 16%OFF | 1sheet 9 Lithium Battery, Highland Barley Paper 9 Section 18650 Lithium Battery Insulation Pad Pack
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rV58zyp6

2 Likes

What’s the tool?

This appears to be the tool or something similar

3 Likes

Yep @KfromtheBay got it in one.

2 Likes

That is very interesting battery pack. Can you send some more pictures so we can see how u did the serial connections.

You can see copper braid on top.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Now that is just great craftsmanship! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like