Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I hope you did get the cells, maybe it is just me, but I see boxes closed then opened but no cells…

1 Like

It’s my father’s. I keep it running , he drives it.

3 Likes

@dani
Looks like you got a cruiser buddy :call_me_hand:

1 Like

What are the holes in the in between the 2 faces for?

3 Likes

El Natural enclosures so nice😎
@glyphiks

1 Like

There’s 3 bits of ply there. 2 bits of 4.5mm ply on the bottom, and the top bit is a piece of 18mm ply with relief cuts through it so it bends easier.

Ok I was thinking of it as a board and not for a enclosure.

1 Like

Lots of work, but I like the process and the way it mimics the deck nicely.

1 Like

Legitimately my favorite thing I’ve seen today.
Using an amd cpu fan for your Vesc’s on top of a heat sink!! Madlad. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Haha it’s honestlyy favorite thing about this build yet.
@surfnacho called my board Jank :crying_cat_face: so I thought I’d just embrace it. From a building perspective Jank is more fun anyway

4 Likes

Ah who cares, it gives it personality and is functional/beneficial for the board at the same time. Double whammy

2 Likes

Custom kv winding?

1 Like

that was the intention… I’m abandoning all hope on these stators… the winding affixing epoxy is way too vile… It pulls up all the stator core insulation with the windings… I may revist these motors at a later date… or chuck the bitches in the landfill…

2 Likes

Faaak.
Woulda been a coolio project.
A possible late night challenge for the future kook perhaps?

1 Like

I’m gunna chat with @hummieee about an acceptable stator insulation… the last time we spoke it apparently is cost-intensive… if it makes economic sense to proceed I will…

EDIT:
If I can make 85kv Carvon drives we’ll call 'em @k00k-drives

2 Likes

hmmmm I wonder what the MOQ is for 100 unassembled motors… or better yet custom Kv from da factory… hmmmm… can I use a hunnert???

3 Likes

:arrow_up: that guy is day drinking :arrow_up:

3 Likes

Is this you asking me to follow you :open_mouth:

2 Likes

There’s a couple choices for insulation. Maybe even just kapton or usps envelope stuff. I recommend something u can paint on. I forget the different stuff u can use but not necessarily expensive. Look on rcgroups and there’s threads that will tell all the options.

2 Likes

kapton maybe… something more… uhmmmmm safe would be more betterer… something that’ll take the heat… and stay in place… if I had a paint on 200 degree insulation… id grind these MFrs widings off and rewind… these are THE worst I have ever experienced… they did their homework… this expoxy is there till death do we part…

3 Likes