Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@VykkuF, this is awesome. What software did you use to simulate?

Solidworks Flow, just realised yesterday I get a licence for the complete Solidworks package from my university. If you have a duct you are using that you would like to see the result of, I can run a simulation for it as it takes me about 1 minute to do as everything is set up for it.

I replicated the parameters of my Sanyo Denki 5015 fan, and it takes into account the CFM vs static pressure graph.

The first two screenshots are of the duct that comes stock with the Prusa MK3S. I’ve been using it on my Corexy printer, but the cooling was sometimes unpredictable and the side opposite to the duct was not getting cooled as well as the one next to it.

The next two screenshots are of the duct I will be installing over the next few days. It is a modified version of this one. I moved the fan slightly further to allow me to install it into my printer, and I added some ribs inside, as it had some 80+ degree overhangs inside which would be very tricky to print. The original maker did do a CFD analysis himself, but I did another one on my modified version to ensure that my modifications did not affect the airflow.

I will be getting some smoke matches to test it in real life and see if the simulations are accurate.

that’s nice…4 Sale?

2 Likes

@Creavenger, can you share this model?

2 Likes

Well it’s just part of the gear drive I am making
Right now won’t fit anything else I am afraid😅

4 Likes

I give you permission for my half

8 Likes

Sup Fanny

3 Likes

Thanks, in that case ill share it soon @Ricco

4 Likes

Hi Brenty. How’s covid19 treating you!?

1 Like

I’m not keen, going to pass on this one.

3 Likes

Black Mamba :metal::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

…and bye bye those colored MBS bushings with this thing :wink:

received_808035926387484

You apply it and this will be like a layer of black rubber impossible to come off and will not degrade, scratch, peel off or affect the rebound properties of the bushings in anyway. You will truly get an all Black Mamba running wild in the Bay Area!

https://www.amazon.com/PLASTI-Mulit-Purpose-Rubber-Coating-Spray/dp/B0093B541M

1 Like

Isn’t one of the attributes of plasti-dip that it’s easy to peel off? Or does it chemically bind with the PU? Never tried it… Does peel off fairly easily off metal but if it binds to PU that might be fun to do to wheel faces

1 Like

I’m dyeing mine black :shushing_face:

1 Like

I did spray it on my remote and it worked beautifully. I had my good share of falls with that remote. Went flying across the tarmac multiple times and the thing is fantastic. It protects the plastic remote case like nothing else. Is like having the remote graped on rubberized gloves or smthng.

Once dried over the surface you applied is like the thing was originally vulcanized from factory. I used 3/4 of a can on it. Some will dillute on air while spraying but you can get to cans. With more passes the thicker the rubberized layer will be. For the bushings you won’t need much. Is just cosmetic.

Remote is now busted after so many falls. But still intact. You can see where the surface angles scratched the road. Protects fantastic. Great product. Recommended.

2 Likes

Can it take the tropical heat without going all sticky?

1 Like

Yeah absolutely! Is like a dull type of rubberized surface. Not that shiny nor sticky. No melting rubber sensation or anything. This thing will no degrade like old rubber does by melting and leaving a liquid type of rubber behind that will stick to your hands. No. Nothing like that. The weather property of this is awesome.

1 Like

Isn’t one of the attributes of plasti-dip that it’s easy to peel off? Or does it chemically bind with the PU? Never tried it… Does peel off fairly easily off metal but if it binds to PU that might be fun to do to wheel faces

Yes it’ll stick to the surface by confirming around it since the moment it settles on its surface. It will adquiere the form of the object you spraying on. It will surround the object and close it. Even if it has doors, openings, slots, etc.

When I applied to the remote I used and x-acto blade and cut out sections where the charging port and on/off buttons were because the rubber was covering everything. But still you could peel off the rubber which conforms to the surface. Is not like is glued down, is more like it conforms and sticks like rubber gloves to you skin. Just like that.

2 Likes

See? You can introduce your nail and peel it off. But if you leave it, it will go back to its original form sticking to the surface it was originally applied.

1 Like

Haha. I know what plasti dip is. And mmmmm. Maybe I’ll try just that.

Btw. Her name is “The Dark Bitch” :rofl:

3 Likes

2 Likes