Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

For shits and giggles I went back just now and did the same thing on an ebike

3 Likes

Damn yeah that spot is just begging for a boarding accident

3 Likes

Ya its mostly on me lol. I thought I could carve around the speed bump under the K rail and I clipped the support

5 Likes

imo every truck on the planet is just much to weak for eskate needs.
I told that a few times and i will preach until the very end: The forces on the trucks in eskates are much,much bigger than on standard long-or skateboard trucks. Surely depends always on the situation how the force is applied, but i think its a problem these days in general.
When im looking at all these monster boards out there(no example here bc dont want to make bad some brands) im always asking myself why the vendors just stuck at 8mm or 10mm axles? Why dont they produce 20mm axles?
Just because of cheap bearings which have to fit a tiny amount of wheels which only can be used anyways in eskate?

3 Likes

you and me both man. I always considered 10mm axle minimum at the lengths we run. 20mm might be too much, but I think 12-15mm hollow steel axles would be absolutely idealā€¦ who knows. One day. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

yesā€¦the trucks (and the wheels) are the most important parts on every skateboard. I dont think 20mm is to much, just makes it rock solid.
How many dudes and friends of us broke their bones bc of tiny tooth prick like trucks? Someone has to save us from these old constructions.
Time to bring on the future. There are so nice 19mm fat bearings out there which would be a nice basis for god damn thicker axles. Much more wheels are needed anyways.
preaching over.

2 Likes

The answer usually is ā€œBeCaUsE mOsT pEoPlE dOnT nEeD iTā€

4 Likes

i dont think so, because safety is needed for everyone.
How many ā€œstandardā€ users of for example meepo boards snapped their trucks? TOOOOO MUCH, and most of them are NOT hardcore riders.
The problem is the pavement. There are so many bad conditions on the roads, which apply maximum stress to the hangers in a very short and sudden time. Nobody is save from this.
ā€¦and if you dont need it, stay at the tooth pricks. free choice :stuck_out_tongue:
Btw-glad you are Ok,dude.

2 Likes

I ride 12mm axles. Buuut itā€™s because theyā€™re channel trucks.

7 Likes

Lucky you, Justin :smiley:
We need much more options :neutral_face:

1 Like

@CiscoV
šŸ–¼ļø Pictures and nothing else!

If you click on the pictures they load, they only load when the page loads when the person is signed in to their account to save space. Since everyone was logged out all the pictures donā€™t load :joy:

2 Likes

Haha. I swear. That site went to shit.
No one posts anything in there anymore :rofl:

3 Likes

I know :joy: I donā€™t know what the heck was running through the FatDaddy guys head when they bought itā€¦

2 Likes

a fool and his money are soon parted.
~Confucius

a fool and his money are soon partying!
~k00k

6 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™ll bite- what you got there? Hotend? Terminal Block?

2 Likes

Little silicone socks on hotends lol. Keeps it cozy

4 Likes

it looks like the heater bore was hewn by angry beaversā€¦

2 Likes

The number of times my dumb ass has burned myself on hotends. I should invest.

5 Likes

@kook @BillGordon
How do I like a post twice?

10 Likes