Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Yeah man. Bit more info on the concept here:

2 Likes

(I know nothing about filters)

Whats the name of that One Push gif filter?

Samsung’s finest cartoon filter lol

#NoFilter

1 Like

ah ok :stuck_out_tongue:

Since you do a lot of action-cameraing, do you have any experience with the Yi 4k camera? Ive got one but

a) its been literal years since ive used it

and b

b) Idk if its up to standards of ‘good video quality’ anymore… :thinking:

I want it for both personal safety and the nice gif material for the forum, would you think its enough? I dont want a camera on a stick or a 360 camera, just one I plonk on the side of my head.

3 Likes

Yi 4k is no joke. Still relevant and usable.

2 Likes

you promised not to share my private daily mirror affirmations bill!

4 Likes

I either hold my expensive s10+ in my hand like the dumbest of fucks or use my 7 year olds go pro 7 white. It’s a turd of a camera and gopro editing is steamy poo as well. I use windows movie maker because we used to make lego stop motion videos on hacked “disposable” CVS home video recorders like cool kids.

Sadly I can offer you no advice but am considering getting a cool, clean 360 capable camera.

2 Likes

He gets chicks AND has a better action camera than me. Winning.

6 Likes

this is how my oneplus 6T died.

if Best Buy had the Insta360 One R this weekend they’d have my money and i would be well on the way to breaking that too.

4 Likes

I need to do research on models but am happy with @Arzamenable videos and think he’s, like, super cute… Sooooo

1 Like

omg me too! i totally have his poster hanging in my office but my @DerelictRobot body-pillow will always hold a special place in my heart

srsly tho - those 360 videos on the oculus quest blew my mind. so stoked. i told my wife when she got home and her response was “so does this mean you need a 360 camera like the cool kids on the forum”

3 Likes

I can legit make that a real thing :flushed:. How to fit it in my luggage though for carve PDX? Maybe just buy the stuffing there.

Do they have pillow fluff in Portland?

Fuck it, I’ll just use hipster shavings. It’ll be more authentic. Andrewthentic

3 Likes

i’m confident these both exist, are made of similar but discreet materials, and I have zero interest in how they are acquired or constructed but certain they are equally amazing

2 Likes

am I really this high?

3 Likes

do the snozberries taste like snozberries?

5 Likes

Part of that looks fun!

what was the mode of failure?

3 Likes

Mode of failure? me

I got ambitious and couldn’t make the turn going 20km/h, crashed to the wall and did a cartoon style flip with my legs up. Shin took the most of the crash, and elbows broke most of the flip fall haha. First time on a track so i got ahead of myself. It was fun though!

11 Likes

​​​​​

2 Likes

Who knows. In theory and with correct materials complient mechanism’s can be very robust and reliable. If your within the elastic limit of the material then there should be no problems with long term wear. This is just a first prototype but it seems to be working out well so far. Going to take it out for a test ride this evening.

8 Likes

Pfft hes fine, he’s got a Fez on. It totally took the brunt of the fall… :grimacing:

2 Likes