Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Decent float weight, recycling

1 Like

That’s a @3DServisas gear drive pulley, one that self-harmed. Basically I fixed the toilet with it earlier today.

…The toilet I broke last night, according to my wife. Penance paid with watching multiple YouTube plumbing vids, I shit you not. At least I think that was the name of the YT channel.

So this counts as esk8 related, FACT

7 Likes

@glyphiks you’re not worried about current being concetrated to the tip of the braid? i usually solder discharge leads to most of the length of braid

1 Like

Shouldn’t be concentrated, more like a hand-off. The braid likely has less resistance than the wire so the resistance is spread through the entire silicone wire. Doesn’t get piled up at the end like a traffic jam lol

lol I know it’s not a traffic jam, but wouldn’t it be better to get current over a larger area?

Well if you solder the wire to the whole length of the braid, then you’re just making a bigger wire/braid hybrid wire. But this wouldn’t make sense unless the rest of the braid also has wire buses, otherwise the current will just be capped at the highest point of resistance. I think it makes more sense to use thicker braid only inside the pack, and the wire on the outside, so that the wire has more resistance in the whole system but is exposed to air for cooling and not wrapped inside the heatshrink.

I’m just referring to discharge leads. I would be concerned if any battery wiring heated up lol

1 Like

I think either way it doesn’t matter because at some point the braid turns to wire, more overlap and you’re just getting slightly lower resistance for that bit of length but losing a lot of flexibility in the braid and wire from all the solder and possibly more susceptible to crack/fatigue too. I think at most the length of overlap does not need to exceed 1.5x the width of the braid.

To my surprise these MR60 are legit Amass
https://www.amazon.com/Amass-connector-female-bullet-connection/dp/B07X223LK3

3 Likes

@pixelsilva are those @Vanarian’s skates?

4 Likes

No I don’t think so, the dude is a crazy Spanish bro in Insta, @andtuan9999

3 Likes

No not mine :sob:

Not yet :smirk:

5 Likes

MR60 are the bomb. Never bullet connectors ever again for me.

Can’t wait for MR90

4 Likes

lol I got some mr30 too cause I couldn’t believe how tiny they are

1 Like

Got to check out Vedder’s dungeon and be on the nightly news!

2 Likes

Nah not concerned dude, its for an evolve, there won’t be massive current through it.

The silicone wire is inserted into the centre of the braid by nearly 20mm and fully soldered through.

Have to use braid to fit the battery in the carbon, if I had overlapped any further, battery would have gotten too wide.

5 Likes

That’s overkill for the whole 35 amps that Evolve is gonna use :joy:

2 Likes

Totally. But it needs to be a tough pack, it’s going in this guy’s board

3 Likes

Uh. I think that guy needs some pneumatics… He’s sliding all over the place :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Did you do it for the independent suspension? If you use it without the castor wheels, do you think they’ll still turn?

1 Like