Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

A man of culture, respectable.

2 Likes

oof celebrity before and after pictures are brutal with HDR photography. no wonder Hepburn was wearing a ball cap for the ā€œafterā€ photo.

6 Likes

@thisguyhere is the nickel on the 40T pack come like that? Weld to the cells and bend them over or you have to weld a stripe on top then each stripe down to the cell?

1 Like

Looks like this or similar. Link from @b264 post

2 Likes

Hmmmm interesting. The one linked work with 21700 cells? Like the space between each part? Seems to be pure nickel from description.

Yes just makes making series connections way easier

And @KfromtheBay is right, just repurposed 18650 belt.

3 Likes

The splits may not line up perfectly. Looks like a majority of this style strip is made for use on 18650 cells. Thatā€™s not to say you canā€™t weld on the other areas of strip?

3 Likes

Awesome! I will give it a go next time!

Thanks for the helpful information!

@thisguyhere @KfromtheBay

3 Likes

You just gonna drop that there without giving us a how to!?

Looks great :ok_hand:

6 Likes

1st step in the how to.
Donā€™t use a motor with ridges :joy:

Stuffed rags in the motor and taped it off

Stripped the paint with a tiny bit of stripper and mostly a brass wire wheel on a dremel.

Sanded the motor (motor shaft in a drill and 220 grit)

Cleaned and degreased

Used cold bluing solution (mostly used for gun barrels and parts)

Iā€™m not 100% sure I like it Iā€™m still working and reworking the bluing.

Itā€™s cold and snowy and Iā€™m bored :slight_smile:

Edit: FYI cold bluing comes off pretty easy with vinegar

6 Likes

Do you want to share the files? I am looking for a design like this to convert mine to thumb drive.

1 Like

I will
But itā€™s not finished yet

3 Likes

I canā€™t be the only person who read it as Peacedozer right?

2 Likes

Never heard of the killdozer before, then today Iā€™ve seen 2 build titles including it and also a friend shared a trailer for a documentary on Facebook.

@Dareno I think @Chibatterysystems title should be ā€œSometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable thingsā€

5 Likes

Are those the decks you were posting 3D models of? Did you make them?

2 Likes

No not yet. I will try 3D milling of my models soon, but these are known Brand Decks. The first is an Airflow Mosquito i think it is called, the second is an Baffle 37 by Original skateboards and the third is a never summer superfreak.
The last one is a Makali Sk 36.

1 Like

@kubbur

15 Likes

11 Likes

lmao 20billion jasons

1 Like

1 Like