Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Easy tiger, baesk8 remarks start riots around these parts :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t mean to come off brash or be really harsh on these guys. But it should be concerning to everyone. You can’t get interviewed for an article and say “as long as nothing catches on fire, and they catch on fire a lot” or “this board [that has zero DOT regulations] goes 70mph”. I understand they’re young guys. But don’t ramble about that and then wonder why cities crush you with regulation or abolishment. :man_shrugging:t2: Scooters are regulated to 15mph. If you want to fast track the rest of EV to joining that limitation, continue talking about speed being your priority.

Esk8 is in a weird space right now. Electric vehicles as a whole are. The messaging from the community could not be more important.
You’ve got a world full of nervous soccer moms and reactionary politicians ready to squash anything that makes people uncomfortable or puts a persons safety at risk. 70 mph skateboards, fires in the streets. It’s the wrong stuff to talk about on video unless you create some context about the space you’re using them in. Focus on the community, the safety equipment you encourage, local traffic laws etc.

I ride next to and chat with cops, drivers and I frequently answer questions to people who are curious. Keep public perception good and things will be fine. Annoy the public on the streets and they’ll bitch about it at town hall meetings and regulation will get created before you even know people are upset

It’s the same thing bustin did with their esk8 video, blasting at speed through crowded sidewalks. Don’t give the opponents of EV any more ammunition than they already have

And don’t think it’s not a priority. I come from a background in EMS and firefighting. Things that start fires or cause personal injury can have regulation changes overnight.

Just my .02

12 Likes

Wolfie is fine honey, Wolfie is just fine.

1 Like

Please tell us how these ride. And also how they ride at high speed. And maybe how the ride is with one of these on the front and a TKP or RKP or channel on the rear. Or maybe a DKP up front with one of these on the back.

Or just how they ride :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

tumblr_1c0d53663eb594a9859d1e2c42703965_8dee43df_540

2 Likes

Beautiful, you managed to get a Davega X.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Giving me a weird wh/mile reading though it’s saying like 9.8?

If the remote works to then pretty happy with that setup

1 Like

What average wh/mile do you have?

1 Like

I just had a brand new unity do the same thing. Had a nice pop but it still turned on and is operable. My days may be numbered

2 Likes

Man, some unlucky person is gonna be real pissed in the future when you accidentally bump into their leg

3 Likes

Honestly its a bad product and anyone who bought into it should feel bad at this point, I could’ve told anyone that the antispark fucking sucks, the 3v/5v rails have so much noise on them it can create signals on PWM making it inherently dangerous, and its fucking ENERTION so theres no warranty or chance of getting your money back when it eats dust. I just dont know why people bought into any enertion product and continue to buy unitys/unity antisparks at this point, its the definition of insanity.

2 Likes

9.8 but just went round the block so haven’t exactly tested it out properly

1 Like

Now you have a nice Davega and a decent remote. So coincedently I helped you, right?:wink:

1 Like

Yeah but I could have a nice davega and an even nicer remote

Or I could rob a bank and get lacroix

Both decent options

3 Likes

Shit now I feel like I need to defend myself for no reason.

I bought both of mine in the first batch if that helps?

So the real question is why didn’t you personally warn me earlier :thinking:

Did you just personally jinx mine too?

4 Likes

It’s not but ok

2 Likes

wich one(s) would you recommend in it’s place atm?

1 Like

yeah and i wanna add some real badass steel bumper to be sure fucking them really tight. :grinning:
Once it is in the leg it has to imidiatly catch fire hahahahah

1 Like

At/near its pricepoint for a dual I would say 2 Maytech 6.6s (which don’t get me wrong they have flaws too) and a gamer43 antispark from flipsky. Otherwise the dual 4.12s from makerx are pretty solid for >35a builds obviously not the same caliber ESC but for a fill in or an extra they’re pretty solid. If you want bulletproof you buy trampa, but $$ and even their VESCs have their quirbles.

@kellag Its pretty fucking bad, no other VESC design has caused 3-4 lawsuits because of preventable software problems from launch.

@Venom121212 First batch people I can’t blame, you guys had no idea you were hopping into a flaming elevator. I apologize for not warning you and only you beforehand.

4 Likes

Here 8x2 & evolve 6x2

It can fit the 6.5x2 from T
And TB 6x2

Also the hubs can fit the 10mm axles from surf-rodz

8 Likes