Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Looks like a job for JB Weld. This isn’t a hard problem to fix. Hold my beer.

A hard problem to fix is POM gears that have broken teeth. Those are the real problems. You can’t fix those with JB Weld, you have to order more of the same plastic parts from Lithuania.

6 Likes

Gross 5char

source

1 Like

I love that deck, how did you acquire that? Did you make it? @CoolBay

1 Like

It’s the Choochoo deck, by @rey8801

1 Like

Hmm ok so what I think the easiest thing to do would be to cut the middle of the wheel hubs out and put a hub motor in there.

4 Likes

I’m keeping this analog. The way the wheels lean makes it impossible to add a motor.

The nose/tail shape of this deck looks stupid. Sucks that the hole pattern is not standard

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be theoretically possible to replacing those struts on the hanger near the wheels with a motor mount that swivels? I realise thats not a very practical solution just wondering if it’s possible.

2 Likes

$239 is a lot but it includes those nice wheels so whatever. if you make your own deck and stuff which you as well if you are making a custom drivetrain.

@Mikenopolis were you saying that it wouldn’t work with a direct drive/hub motors? Or that you couldn’t fit a motor mount and motor anywhere near the wheel.

Anything is possible I guess.

Axle is really short and the swivel part goes into the wheel offset when turning so a regular hub motor would not work as is

4 Likes

How wide do you want your belts?

Brian : Yea

6 Likes

It does to me, how did you know?!

1 Like

This isn’t my first rodeo

1 Like

I got the Blade for 100 bucks! It’s in mint condition, he threw in the battered Cricket for $20! Now i gotta figure out what to do with them :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Cricket is perfect for my daughter but needs a fair bit of work…

The Blade is a lot flexier than I would have thought…

4 Likes

At least you can finally fit those uncut belts you got?

6 Likes

There ya go
Tb stock pivot cup and hole measurement

Adjustable plate measurement where same pivot cup fits really nice :point_down:t3:

4 Likes

Real nice piece of work! Almost the Bumblebee - maybe with horizontal stripes!

1 Like

@CiscoV can you send me a photo of it assembled? Kingpin attached and bolted through. Does it still rock?

I’m not able to look at it myself until about 2-3 days but I had one of my guys check and when assembled there’s wasn’t an issue. He’s testing a few others to see if there’s an issue.

If you can PM me with a video. I can try and figure out what’s going on.

6 Likes

Just did.
As stated in the pm. That’s the rear truck assembly and all 4 of my Tb plates have the same hole diameter
When pivot cup is brand new the problem is less noticeable. As miles pile up problem became easier to spot

4 Likes

Maybe stuff some shredded paraffin wax in there.

2 Likes