Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

No sir. It does not.
Is it a particularly annoying issue you have?

1 Like

@Kaly i mean, why is the wire on the last pack missing.

1 Like

To follow-up with some actual data:

35D

50D

Green pivot cup (from precision trucks):

Snug fit on the hanger pivot:

The pivot cup can come out of the baseplate, but it’s worth noting that it has a hole at the base of the pivot cup that prevents suction/vacuum unlike the TB218 or SRz trucks.

For reference the TB218 are nearly identical:

@Kellag @3DServisas in the effort to give some constructive feedback, what is the diameter of the pivot cup hole in your baseplates?

Personally both sets of my trucks are perfectly fine, definitely nowhere near the vicinity of “unsafe”. I wouldn’t even call them a bit loose once everything is secured and the kingpin is tightened. As I said, I’m already 400+ miles deep on my first set, neither of my 2 sets exhibit anything that has caused me concern. Curious if it’s a tolerance issue on your baseplates, so a measurement of that diameter would be helpful

7 Likes

I have that same caliper… I had to dubba-take and check my drawer to make sure you didn’t swipe mine!! jajajaja

puna rich > punatic

:heart:

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhh fuckin shit yeah! That looks sick bro!!! Love the surf adaptor! What hubs you got on it?

4 Likes

I repurposed my old Wowgo 2s.
It was really fun to dork around on.

4 Likes

Dickyho 6374, had to tear them apart to change the phase wires as they were only 14AWG. In this process I ruined most of the bearings and those needed to be replaced. The replacements don’t have a tight seal around the shaft so there is some sideways can movement. A couple of the windings were torn apart because the wires were epoxied to the can and during disassembly I ripped them off. Will be buying new motors to replace these as they are now basically useless. You live and learn

3 Likes

Quality

2 Likes

Your $2.50 calipers?

5 Likes

I spent all my money on @kevingraehl unities :cry:

7 Likes

But for real, I’m measuring 18.13-18.15 on my red 50Ds, and they fit up just fine. I’d suggest wrapping the pivot cup in teflon pipe tape 2x and it should help the fit. Unless your calipers are garbage and it’s larger than reported

1 Like

Ya I’m sure it’s fine to ride. Just shitting machining for a “precision” part

3 Likes

tbf measuring something like that is a pita

3 Likes

When I was a kid we had to measure our pivot cups using only a small rock and the sun at noon.

You don’t know how easy you’ve got it with your fandangled digital calipers.

10 Likes

My Mom says hi dude…

2 Likes

Tell her my KFC MunchCard is empty.

2 Likes

I think @torqueboards has died. He has been wanted for weeks.

Thankfully his wonderful stickers will be forever with us

jokes aside i do really like Dexter and his products
1 Like

Looks like a job for JB Weld. This isn’t a hard problem to fix. Hold my beer.

A hard problem to fix is POM gears that have broken teeth. Those are the real problems. You can’t fix those with JB Weld, you have to order more of the same plastic parts from Lithuania.

6 Likes

Gross 5char