Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Mario was in my gear. I jumped on Brad Millers board last minuite after Noah Lickhaulter backed out.

6 Likes

It was honestly a huge pain in the dick. The bottom of the stator sits on a bearing and is super easy to fuck it up and not have it thead on correctly. I was super scared doing this as loctite 680 dries fast af and I could have easily fucked myself if it dried before it was threaded on fully.

What I did was get the first thread in and kinda spread out the loctite evenly then threaded the can on.

3 Likes

but how did you get the threaded cap butt-ass tight?

by hand?

3 Likes

My hand :wink:

Pretty sure I have carpal tunnel now

3 Likes

I have faith it will work if you cleaned the threads really good and wait for the locktite to cure!

Ever find out what was causing your motor to lock up?

1 Like

Are those cigarettes?

Oh table mat I see

8 Likes

Haha, ever since someone on the forum pointed out that they look like cigarettes, I can never un-see it. It’s become a running joke in our house now.

I purposely take photos on it now :joy:

4 Likes

And I’m the guy that falls for it I see

1 Like

Thank you! yeah, that’s wood glue. There wasn’t enough slot thread left. I ended up just using a screw to drill it in (inverse of what you suggested to get it out). And then used a bigger drill for the remaining inserts. I will try to get such a cap screw and nut setup for the future…

1 Like

Yeah, the can unscrewed all the way while I was riding. It then slammed into the stator and locked the wheel. Shitty design :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

I’m just catching up after the long trip home. I was dying from looking at @Arzamenable’s jacket restraint system :joy:

I think the wider tape was a solid upgrade. I coulda used some of that!

Honorable mention to @RipTideSports and his big bag of goodies!

20 Likes

The duct tape g-string was next level

14 Likes

I’m confused… They have a built in belt loop on the inside right where he taped. Only backside though, front could still grab air I guess

1 Like

Is next level. It’s immortal now, will forever be brought up at will, like the ass picking and scratching photos around here.

4 Likes

Huh well, that fucking loctite sure shit didn’t work.

I’m actually super butthurt rn as I had to walk a mile home carrying the board as the can unscrewed and locked again… in below freezing weather.

This time I got a nifty ride out of it though. I’d say like 4-5 miles. Got them up to about 25ish and it felt pretty stable I was just worried about the can unscrewing and locking the wheel on me at speed.

Fell in to a false sense of security and decided to do a loop around the neighborhood. On my loop back is when it failed. I was luckily not going fast and on the sidewalk.

I don’t like the idea that the only thing holding my can together and preventing my motor unscrewing itself being fucking loctite. I’m allowed to be concerned about that right?

Bonus of it being cold as shit outside is that the motors were cool. Not hot to the touch at all. Found that out when I had to carry it home. They seem to be ok for now temp wise with the haggys although I am running the 58KV drives.

5 Likes

I can’t wait until summer so I can put my lofty drives to the test and see how long they last.

I have the different version with the heatsink sleeves tho. They don’t have the same design so I don’t think they will unscrew like that

3 Likes

They seem to be solid so far… just this fucking can unscrewing. They’re a blast on haggy’s. Once I get this corrected I think I should be cool. However I plan to use these on my daily commute of about 10 miles a day so I hope they can keep up.

Also I thought those first editions were the ones that had the bending axle as they weren’t heat treated?

3 Likes

Mine came heat treated. They weren’t first edition.

1 Like

@CiscoV
Are those Bergmeisters???
I was only able to get a 100 miles out of my back ones before getting to that point… But I’m fat… And just chew through all pneumatics

2 Likes

Lmao. Yes. They are. 165lbs n I was able to get 150 miles out of them after rotation :grin:
now we’re ready for some new rubber

6 Likes