Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

De nada

1 Like

Thanks for that, I hadn’t seen it before and now I won’t be able to unsee it…

1 Like

@longhairedboy approves tho

5 Likes

That looks good.

1 Like

680 should be perfect… let us know how it goes… I haven’t tested 680 as I told you… I had a high-temp, high-strength epoxy available and used that… secondarily I’d have used 680 or 648 locktite…

Just curious how you managed to tightly screw your can cap and motor can together tightly?

I made a fixture to tighten the assembly as tight as I physically could once the epoxy was installed properly,

2 Likes

@MoeStooge did you leave your giant balls of steel in there or are those Mario’s? (Looks like you let him borrow your leathers)

@Arzamenable has one glance and is like “damn, can’t compete”

12 Likes

Mario was in my gear. I jumped on Brad Millers board last minuite after Noah Lickhaulter backed out.

6 Likes

It was honestly a huge pain in the dick. The bottom of the stator sits on a bearing and is super easy to fuck it up and not have it thead on correctly. I was super scared doing this as loctite 680 dries fast af and I could have easily fucked myself if it dried before it was threaded on fully.

What I did was get the first thread in and kinda spread out the loctite evenly then threaded the can on.

3 Likes

but how did you get the threaded cap butt-ass tight?

by hand?

3 Likes

My hand :wink:

Pretty sure I have carpal tunnel now

3 Likes

I have faith it will work if you cleaned the threads really good and wait for the locktite to cure!

Ever find out what was causing your motor to lock up?

1 Like

Are those cigarettes?

Oh table mat I see

8 Likes

Haha, ever since someone on the forum pointed out that they look like cigarettes, I can never un-see it. It’s become a running joke in our house now.

I purposely take photos on it now :joy:

4 Likes

And I’m the guy that falls for it I see

1 Like

Thank you! yeah, that’s wood glue. There wasn’t enough slot thread left. I ended up just using a screw to drill it in (inverse of what you suggested to get it out). And then used a bigger drill for the remaining inserts. I will try to get such a cap screw and nut setup for the future…

1 Like

Yeah, the can unscrewed all the way while I was riding. It then slammed into the stator and locked the wheel. Shitty design :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

I’m just catching up after the long trip home. I was dying from looking at @Arzamenable’s jacket restraint system :joy:

I think the wider tape was a solid upgrade. I coulda used some of that!

Honorable mention to @RipTideSports and his big bag of goodies!

20 Likes

The duct tape g-string was next level

14 Likes

I’m confused… They have a built in belt loop on the inside right where he taped. Only backside though, front could still grab air I guess

1 Like

Is next level. It’s immortal now, will forever be brought up at will, like the ass picking and scratching photos around here.

4 Likes