Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

This is what i did, i just got he wera tool set for 60 Euro and everything i possible need is in there. super compact and less than 400g. amazing quality as well.

5 Likes

I have the small one + the hex plus allen keys. Best tools ever. (although i only need 2x phillips 2x hex)

5 Likes

My tool bag came in handy a lot that trip lol

2 Likes

@Linny you got a BOM for this setup? I am interested in building a dyno as well.
🖼️ Pictures and nothing else!

2 Likes

Evolve upgrades are only people from Melbourne! And i haven’t advertised anywhere, just word of mouth… the diy community isn’t very strong here so lots of production boards and lots of peeps who need them fixed :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Lmao I spotted this too. This guy is seriously proud of his custom boards.

I can hear Tim rolling his eyes accross the Atlantic

4 Likes

ftfy :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Cute little welder lol

2 Likes

She tells me that its not size that counts :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol. To bad it doesn’t do A/C :frowning:

2 Likes

Whats the difference?

1 Like

A/c welds aluminum

2 Likes

Got a mig for that :+1:

1 Like

You have a spool gun?

2 Likes

Can anyone in the states do welding? Looking to weld trucks and mounts

2 Likes

Yep all auto.

1 Like

Nice. I jave never welded aluminum with mig but have always wanted to try. Welding aluminum with tig just looks so damn good.

3 Likes

Ok so I was told to try epoxy to hold the can to the stator. I used loctite 680 :man_shrugging:. That can shouldn’t unscrew ever again once it cures for 24 hours. I’m never getting it off again as I’d need to blow torch the motor to remove it so…

I use it to hold my motor pulleys on with no set screw only a key. I figured fuck it, same shit and it actually works. Now I don’t like the idea of only relying on the loctite to prevent the can unscrewing and locking like it did yesterday but we shall see.

Now a question, I found it a little odd that all of the magnets were fine but one has a nifty gap unlike the others. Also when the can unscrewed itself it ended up causing the stator to hit the can causing those scratches. Nothing seems broken so… should I be Gucci or nah? Haven’t turned the board on since that happened yesterday.

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve only done steel with the mig. Its a gas/gasless one tho and I think I need to run it with gas for aluminium… maybe one day.

1 Like

The scratches are fine, the gap is fine too. A lot of full magnet cans have a tiny gap from tolerances. Almost impossible to make it juuust perfect and have it all fit.

5 Likes