Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Mike gets mešŸ˜‚

10 Likes

Lol! Hi Iā€™m Serineh :slight_smile: donā€™t think I met you while at Lancaster! :slight_smile: hope you have a great night :rofl::heart:

4 Likes

@anon86070286, Let me guess, Lancaster was easy too :thinking::rage:

True, I did abandon you with s5300 for a minute :grimacing:

11 Likes

15 Likes

Congrats on the race, Mike, you absolute savage. But @anon86070286 is kicking your ass in here.

15 Likes

I love how the brand is Unimig and the welder is MMA and Tig :rofl:

7 Likes

My mig welder is a cigweld :joy:

3 Likes

A MiG-21ā€¦
My grandpa told me some stories about that thing, because he was a mechanic lol

1 Like

Lol.
Mig welder

Everything else

4 Likes

Is it a plasma cutter too?

2 Likes

The Hypertherm is a plasma cutter. Nothing else.
The Kemppi is MMA/TIG AC/DC welder

3 Likes

Nice. I like working with steel. But need practice. Hopefully by the time I finish this press I will be a lot better, my previous attempts have been pretty savage :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Everything is practice.
Start by doing some bead on plate exercises.
Unfortunately the welder you got has a small duty cycle so will quickly overheat and shut down.
Welding can be beautiful

10 Likes

Yeah my mig has a pretty small duty cycle as well. Itā€™s kinda good, reminds me to stop for beers.

3 Likes

Lol, I hate having to stop for the welder to cool down.
Fortunately the Kemppi is 100% @ 170A Tig and 100% @ 120A MMA.
Still there have been occasions I had to let it cool down to continue. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah me too. Dammit. I didnā€™t think about that when I bought it. Oh well, will just make sure the fridge is stocked before I start :beer:

2 Likes

You know what they say.
One welding machine is never enough :wink:

2 Likes

Stop it. Iā€™m already trying to refrain from buying a malectrics spot welder as a backup to the kweldā€¦ and because I am curious as to how it comparesā€¦

4 Likes

I think I can help you there. I have the malectrics and it is working fine.
That said all of these battery welders are really short circuiting the battery for a certain period of time, so as long as they donā€™t blow up, I do not believe you will see any significant differences between them.
So save your money, the kweld is one of the best (if not the best) and should last you a long time. Let it cool after a few cells and then continue.

4 Likes

This is the problem @tazā€¦ iā€™m sick of waiting for it to cool :joy: I have some upgrades in mind for the kweld, but Iā€™m scared I might push it til it breaksā€¦ hence considering a backup.

2 Likes