Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I have been trying to spot a similarity…

:laughing:

Edit

The cinderblocks under the RV look the same.

6 Likes

I thought you would go faster downhill on an analog board.

By the way is that Mike Beard?

4 Likes

He did a loop around red rock scenic loop in las vegas… I actually ran that exact loop a couple weeks ago and I’m gonna say that there is no “downhill” in there. I was on the throttle the entire time short of a couple tight corners.

1 Like

It does look like a more masculine Mike Beard.

1 Like

And one of them you can get locked in while you sleep and towed away to an undisclosed location for God knows what. Probably butt stuff.

1 Like

Deck press?

2 Likes

Yeah mate, gonna be a solid unit :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I thought you were trying to compete with Trampa and make even flatter and more indestructible decks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

No chance. Real decks have concave.

10 Likes

Word.

3 Likes

Pressing wood? Composites?
Bit of both?

2 Likes

Pressing all of the things. Whatever I can get my hands on will be pressed.

@Mobutusan i have a good theory on why the trampa decks are flat. . I reckon they get massive sheets pressed in that profile and then just cut them to the width of the board.

8 Likes

Is it easy to find Canadian maple veneer in australia?

2 Likes

No not at all. It is actually quite difficult. I will likely be asking @jeffwuneo to help me source maple and carbon fibre when the time comes. Gotta build up some funds first tho, I’m ruined after christmas.

3 Likes

Good luck I’d be down for a rejected deck when the time comes.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. There’s got to be a good (financial) reason why they haven’t ever added concave like every other respectable deck maker, when it seems like they so obviously need it. Admittedly, I’ve never actually ridden a Trampa, but I’ve stood on a flexible piece of plywood, so I imagine it’s pretty similar. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

To be fair, with closed bindings it doesn’t really matter. But without bindings they aren’t much fun.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure it goes like this

Our team riders give our boards hell every day in the forest next to where Robin Hood used to live and they know better than any of you guys what is good for you

17 Likes

I was amazed when I checked out the orrsomm (sp?) and it was flatter than my 6th grade girlfriend. (And no, this wasn’t last year.)

14 Likes

But wait, the Trampa website says that these decks are a break through in deck technology, superior to dull feeling wooden decks and are the #1 choice (by who?) for riding and cruising. Are you telling me this is all just marketing hype and BS? I’m shocked and aroused. I mean, appalled. No, wait, aroused. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes