Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Skaten luves you… And welcomes you to hell…

1 Like

Looks like a fire sale…:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s ok, that board is at least 7 months preggo, they don’t have to hold much longer

3 Likes

12 Likes

What battery you rocking in there? A battery on a smaller battery? Brilliant!

Careful not to short those balance tabs, those babies are live :zap::zap::zap:

3 Likes

so its a 12s4p on the bottom and a 12s6p on top of it, lol the 12s6p is nese also, all 30q. this is probably the worst way to do it, but it is waht i had and i wanted a board that could do 50 miles on pneumatic. lol i think i am there, at some point when it turns into a giant fireball il probably have buy a normal battery from someone to put in there.

1 Like

yeah i am basically waiting for this to go up in flames

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: what are you saying!? That’s a solid pack!

1 Like

That’s not in parallel though right?

if there is a fireball there will be no more deck to put some other battery in lolz

the two packs are in parallel

both packs have a bms

I think someone has managed to fit a 12s10p in that enclosure. I honestly would not want to ride that thing as it is right now.

2 Likes

yeah i am a bit terrified, but i did almost 20 miles on it yesterday and everything went great! checked separate p groups while charging and everything balanced out nicely.

Found it

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10464?u=eboosted

5 Likes

DANG! That is nice!! OK, this will be my next goal lol.

Hmmm I’ve wondered about the risks associated with paralleling mismatched p group packs. Its effectively like paralleling mismatched cells. I worry about what happens when one pack cuts out or goes into low voltage mode while the other pack is still supplying plenty of juice. Maybe the esc just sees the battery as a fuel tank and doesn’t care about fuel levels between tanks, just runs until dangerously empty.

@MysticalDork what do you think about this idea?

Smaller pack has a discharge bms. Wouldn’t the bms cut out the battery pack if it gets to a certain level?

1 Like

Yep, it surely should. Again, I have no reason to think it wouldn’t work, I’ve considered it a lot and not seen it happen often is all :slight_smile:

3 Likes