Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Don’t be a sore loser

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:
I did it on my rkp surfrodz .My press fit mounts never stayed true

3 Likes

New handle and new avatar, it’s like a new age rebirth :laughing:

2 Likes

This is not correct. The British did not adopt metric until the last couple of decades.
So the founding fathers did a piss poor job if this is how they wanted to differentiate themselves from the British.

4 Likes

Why MOSFETs tend to blow up in your opinion?

1 Like

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

I’m pretty excited.

2 Likes

Is it already running?

I just dragged the Box inside.
I can’t even think about setting it up until my daughter goes down for bed tonight.

3 Likes

For not having the case, where you search for a needed screw, that surprisingly vanished unforeseen. :joy:

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s not too loud cuz I pretty much have to set it up in my living room which shares a wall with her bedroom.
I really can’t afford to do any modifications right now.

1 Like

If it’s setup correctly she should hear almost anything. I have it in room next to my bedroom and with closed door I can bearly hear if it is running. :wink:

1 Like

ahhhhhem… I call bullshit…

*“ Timeline of Important Dates In The History Of The Metric System – 1670: Gabriel Mouton proposed his decimal system of measurement based on a fraction of the Earth’s circumference.
– 1671: Jean Picard proposed the swinging pendulum as a measure of length.
– 1790: The National Assembly of France asked the French Academy of Sciences to create a standard system of weights and measures.
– 1795: France adopted the metric system.
– 1840: French government required all Frenchmen to convert to the metric system.
– 1866: Congress legalized the use of the metric system in the United States. However, its use was not required.
– 1875: The Treaty of the Meter was signed at the close of the International Bureau of Weights and Measures conference.
– 1957: The U.S. Army and Marine Corps adopted the metric system. Used as the basis for their weapons and equipment.
1965: Great Britain began adopting the metric system.
– 1988: Congress passed the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act. This act called for all federal government agencies to use the metric system for business by the end of 1992. ”

4 Likes

We should start adopting exotic measurement units like in Japan they measure pearls weight in Momme and 1 Momme equals 3.75 grams.

I lived in a dorm with the 3d printer running everyday. You get used to it lol

You don’t have a wife :wink:

1 Like

Her mistake she bought it for you. :joy:

4 Likes

Doesn’t mean she has to let me use it if it bugs her lol

2 Likes

If you prop it on some soft foam it will absorb and dampen almost all the vibrations.

If that’s not enough you’ll have to buy vibration dampening motor mount from AliExpress. They are cheap. Like $5 and free shipping from AliExpress. Now I can barely hear anything even in the same room

I haven’t done this, but people even upgrade the motor drivers that does microstepping of the stepper motor to make very small smooth movements and hence make it almost noise free. This is totally not necessary, just mentioned it for sake of completeness.

2 Likes

I’ll cut up one of her yoga mats lol

2 Likes