Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

No I dont want to get shot

6 Likes

not in white. rebel scum only.

4 Likes

Whatever, the metric system is for nerds.

3 Likes

ok 5/16-24 nerd

4 Likes

I just left an ace hardware trying to find Allen head metric bolts. Screw all you guys, punintended.

6 Likes

Hellshoes are in a different dimension…:smirk:

2 Likes

There is a store called Fastenal literally 6 minutes from my house, and they can get basically any hardware for dirt cheap delivered to the store for me to pick up. I can probably just skate over there…except every board is decommissioned at the moment :sob:

4 Likes

Same here man. They were dicks about having a part shipped to their store and letting me pick it up. They still wanted to charge me the $10 shipping fee for one stupid kingpin. What they do have in stock is super convenient though.

2 Likes

Yeah that fee kinda hurts…$11 S&H on a $14 order

1 Like

I straight up asked the dude on the phone, “you can’t just, like, throw the bolt on the next shipment coming to your store?”

Ace hardware is the best local bolt supplier at this point.

1 Like

But they don’t have the same variety, I picked up a ton of button head M5 screws for Pelican case mounting and I couldn’t find them anywhere else

Discobot thinks this is flirting, Discobot will throw his bolt deep inside your nut.

11 Likes

There is no antispark switch, that’s the bonus. There is a switch, but it doesn’t incorporate Mosfets like antispark switches do. The MKIII hibernates.

5 Likes

Should I be worried about a spark then when I connect it to the battery directly?

tTc9cKQ

5 Likes

Your battery should have an antispark xt90s connector.

5 Likes

The phases in your life:

a) you, before using the Wera Hex Plus
b) you, after using the Wera Hex Plus
c) you, too old to use tools at all anymore

Welcome to phase b :wink:

9 Likes

it’s prolly been covered already here but I missed it–what was the whole situation with flipsky here/dispute over?

I don’t understand what the appeal is. The L shape hex tools are odd to me. why not use a hex screw driver or a hex bit in a drill? (Genuinely curious)(and don’t tell me because a drill will overtighten things because that’s just user error)

3 Likes

It’s not the drive method everyone loves, it’s their hex plus shape. Instead of a straight hexagon, the flat 6 edges are slightly crescent shaped.

Wera-Hex-Plus-Allen-Key-Set-9pc-Colour-Coded-3

I have come across dozens of bolts I’ve stripped that the wera have removed no problem.

I am looking to add their screw driver collection to my kit. The L shaped kit is smaller and nice for carrying along.

9 Likes