Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Gotta stay hydrated.

1 Like

Well you always gotta stay hydrated… you taking a destination Christmas this year?

1 Like

Is it just me or are the wheels on your front truck kind of crooked…

Just checked. It’s the photo

1 Like

Are those Flame trucks?

looks great! how long did shipping take? i have some that have been in transit for (10) days and still have not hit US customs.

1 Like

I thought I was gonna be first with 21700 NESE :sob: . Lol.

@BenjaminF, jokes aside it looks great! What material did you use and what scaling factor? 21/18(for two axis) and 70/63(for the third)?

1 Like

14 days total. Now the real work starts :muscle:

1 Like

PETG, and those exact numbers, yep! Fitment is pretty good, but i think im going to add like 1mm more in the battery length dimension, because it was cutting the wraps on my batteries when I was test fitting.

1 Like

Yeah, just scale a tiny bit more. You should start posting about this in NESE thread to inspire more people to try it and discuss problems if any.

1 Like

Oh yeah, before I forget, credit to @mishrasubhransu, this is his NESE box. I scaled up his 2s4p module and it appears to work great.

We PM’ed about this before and at his suggestion, i scaled his box up 21/18 (166.666%) in the “battery diameter” dimensions (in my case, X and Z) and 70/63 (111.111%) in the “battery length” dimensions (in my case, Y). Im going to tweak those numbers a bit for the next print, because this print sucked, but as a proof of concept it is good.

Will do :+1:

1 Like

Link to that stuff? Need it

4 Likes

Do a flat black coat first for best results. I used flat black enamel because the flat black spray paint was empty and my wife decided to put it back on the shelf for some reason.

Then hit it with super light sprays of duplicolor cosmic. I got it at the local auto parts shop. I did 6 coats because I kept having to turn the hub. I will be making a faux axle on a bearing so that I can spray the other hubs while spinning them.

I really couldn’t see any purple and was kinda bummed. I figured the metallic teal green was still cool though so I finally clear coated it with crystal clear gloss enamel spray.

Thats when the purple popped and I had the biggest smile on my face. It was night and day.

They’re not a perfect match to the oil slick trucks but I’m happy with the result. I thought about adding a gold valve stem or maybe some gold flakes to try and blend it better.

8 Likes

The mystery?

2 Likes

Justin my love, oil slick is so 2012.

Joking aside it is probably the least hard wearing of all coatings. If you get them wet, dry them off but it will still lift off after a bit of time.

1 Like

They look sick man, I’m wondering if you could put a clear coat sort of thing on top to give it a bit of shine like the trucks? Idk thinking out loud

1 Like

:wink: This is only 2 light coats of the clear gloss

1 Like

Lol I’m tired, maybe one more coat. They’re almost perfect tho

Don’t tell anyone but I got the special spray can for $9

4 Likes

mystery indeed. @ducktaperules do you know what has changed from the 6+ to the [edit] MKIII? the descriptions look the same.

2 Likes