Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Took me a while to figure out, connector cap wrong way around.

You may want to have a look at those PCB side solder joints, they’re not shiny.

1 Like

Cool to have helped finance a nice purchase like that!

Excited to see your build.

6 Likes

@Arzamenable omg this is too funny :rofl:

protip: use 10 coats of MG Chemicals #4223 and that little plastic piece is a thing of the past

and you can even solder through it if you need to later, unlike the plastic piece

5 Likes

Pliny elder :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

5 Likes

Easy way to check is just reflow the solder.

1 Like

What is this spring for?

6 Likes

Really though @torqueboards I think 50 emails is enough and I dont want to block you because I buy things but the unsubscribe doesn’t fucking work.

This is too much bud.

7 Likes

It reminds me of those scam emails for fake products.

2 Likes

All good you post pictures of solder connections you expect someone on the internet will not 100% approve :smiley:

Also fair points I guess, but I mean less exposed wire is less area some stray wire or other metal part might fall in and create a short between the bullets so some heatshrink is better than none even if it isn’t 100% flush (obviously more covered is better). The little gray connectors can only have 12AWG wire pass through them too looks like 10AWG is too big for the holes but I guess not a problem since I went with 12AWG anyhow.

Regarding the anemic amount of solder which part(s) are you looking at and thinking needs more solder? Typically I just try to coat the wire/pad entirely so there aren’t any strand that don’t appear coated in solder and no gap below the wire and the pad that isn’t filled in then give it a tug test and assume it’s good if I can’t pull it off.

Inb4 @anon54720240 gets butthurt and takes this personally

1 Like

Your method of skating is as documented as your method of battle hardening :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ayyyyyyy I dont give a fuck. Just turning your handle.

turn around

3 Likes

I’m playing with mass damping, see here: https://youtu.be/lhNjfNUOUo8

It’s work in progress, but so far liking it

3 Likes

I’ve got my trusty

I can bring bkb 6354 or maytech 6365
We’ll take the end results with a good camera so people can see the outcome of your work.
Just use my shit phone for the process and they won’t be able to tell what’s going on. Lol

2 Likes

And it continues. Only 60 minutes…for the next 4 hours…

3 Likes

The 4223 ages a lot once you open the bottle. When you open it, it’s about the consistency of 419D but as it ages over about 10 months it gets thicker and thicker. Eventually you can put huge thick coats on. But in the beginning you need 20 coats to make it thick and it’s real drippy.

Gotta bring the prices up before black friday somehow ya know? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure…but doesnt change the fact his emails are sending out hours in advance?

maybe he expects people to open them hours later lol

2 Likes