Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Ohh I thought you use it for 18650 cells.
But people put 18650 in same case right?

Yeah plenty of space. 20700/21700 works too. We put a 12s7p 20700 cells with a charge only bms in a trampa monster box.

This is just for offroading fun rides. I don’t need a lot of range as of yet.

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo is the deck still being made of bamboo?

1 Like

@M.Hboards yes this still bamboo. Is higheat quality bamboo from fujian. Made with vertical lamination.

5 Likes

Took me a while to figure out, connector cap wrong way around.

You may want to have a look at those PCB side solder joints, they’re not shiny.

1 Like

Cool to have helped finance a nice purchase like that!

Excited to see your build.

6 Likes

@Arzamenable omg this is too funny :rofl:

protip: use 10 coats of MG Chemicals #4223 and that little plastic piece is a thing of the past

and you can even solder through it if you need to later, unlike the plastic piece

5 Likes

Pliny elder :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

5 Likes

Easy way to check is just reflow the solder.

1 Like

What is this spring for?

6 Likes

Really though @torqueboards I think 50 emails is enough and I dont want to block you because I buy things but the unsubscribe doesn’t fucking work.

This is too much bud.

7 Likes

It reminds me of those scam emails for fake products.

2 Likes

All good you post pictures of solder connections you expect someone on the internet will not 100% approve :smiley:

Also fair points I guess, but I mean less exposed wire is less area some stray wire or other metal part might fall in and create a short between the bullets so some heatshrink is better than none even if it isn’t 100% flush (obviously more covered is better). The little gray connectors can only have 12AWG wire pass through them too looks like 10AWG is too big for the holes but I guess not a problem since I went with 12AWG anyhow.

Regarding the anemic amount of solder which part(s) are you looking at and thinking needs more solder? Typically I just try to coat the wire/pad entirely so there aren’t any strand that don’t appear coated in solder and no gap below the wire and the pad that isn’t filled in then give it a tug test and assume it’s good if I can’t pull it off.

Inb4 @anon54720240 gets butthurt and takes this personally

1 Like

Your method of skating is as documented as your method of battle hardening :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ayyyyyyy I dont give a fuck. Just turning your handle.

turn around

3 Likes

I’m playing with mass damping, see here: https://youtu.be/lhNjfNUOUo8

It’s work in progress, but so far liking it

3 Likes

I’ve got my trusty

I can bring bkb 6354 or maytech 6365
We’ll take the end results with a good camera so people can see the outcome of your work.
Just use my shit phone for the process and they won’t be able to tell what’s going on. Lol

2 Likes

And it continues. Only 60 minutes…for the next 4 hours…

3 Likes