Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Yeah, I hauled almost 750 kilo of them. Heavy pieces of history

Ayyy my 7 year old cruises one of those maverix

ā€œup to 9mphā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

@Venom121212 I had the 600w blue cruiser itā€™s what got me into esk8. Still have the remote and enclosure :rofl:

2 Likes

Was told there are 2 different 50xx mounting patterns. Boardnamics are for racestars.
The 50xx motors I had from my riptide didnā€™t fit.

1 Like

Yup. I always assumed there are was one 50xx pattern until I tried to put Racerstar 5045s on diyeboard belt mounts. Oof.

2 Likes

Dude beautiful veneer execution, and the work on the enclosure is really nice too it goes so well together.
I almost was tempted to ask where you got the vinyl from :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Thanks much!! Yup all legit wood and leather work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is that a rheostatic brake?

Compensating for something?

18 Likes

A need for speed, baby.

4 Likes

Makes sense. I donā€™t have a ton of experience with 50mm motors.

3 Likes

My guess is a reset fuse but Iā€™m also curious. Itā€™s wired in series and rheostatic brakes should be wired in parallelā€¦

2 Likes

Absolutely in love with this board. The veneer work is stunning, and the leather work just makes its Ć¼ber premium. Any chance on getting a write up of how do do the veneer work?

1 Like

:man_shrugging: i didnt look that closely :rofl: i just saw a little black box and started frothing. Dont know why, but i am strangely attracted to the rheostatic brakeā€¦ i think i just like the name.

2 Likes

I have one Iā€™m not using, you have to provide he lube though.

I believe it has been discussed in another thread that I prefer my boxes waxedā€¦ not that thereā€™s anything wrong with a bit of lube here and there.

1 Like

Same. I was surprised. Nothing a bit of drilling canā€™t fix tho. I just didnā€™t have the right tool to not do a complete hack job

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ll compile a post soon. Stay tuned

1 Like

Me toā€¦

I wonder what those would look like on spiral bevel gears :thinking:

1 Like