Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

i feel dirty even looking at it

1 Like

He uses CarbonX to print the ones he sells. Short length carbon fibre interferes with RF, just something you need to be aware of.

You can always have it printed yourself in another material though.

3 Likes

i print my ESC enclosures from carbonX… never had an RF disconnect… juss sayin

1 Like

YMMV, I’ve had enough incidents to have a serious look at anything that potentially weakens my signal. Like I said, just something to be aware of.

1 Like

i understand 100%. I’ve kind half hardheadedly followed your thread(s) I’d honestly look at antenna alignment, making sure you are not in the antenna nulls… I understand you have had RF problems near a certain 5G telephony repeater… I find that interesting… what freq. are telephone transmitting on in Oz< I assume you have 2.4gHz control link on your board… Not saying it can’t happen… but…

why are you in Enertions butthole?

4 Likes

5G stands for 5th Generation, some confuse this with 5GHz somehow. 5G operates in anything from 600MHz to 6GHz.

1 Like

I KNOW… and your control link is on 2.4 gHz

EDIT…

I fly quads and have had more problems with antenna propagation with dipoles, than I have ever had with frequency interference… in the states, our cell towers propagate at 900mHz… people freaked that Crossfire was also 900mHz… but i flew up and circled more than one cell tower without RF interference (not 100% scientific) but change your dipole antenna alignment, and drop signal after drop signal…

Good luck with your search… I’m just trying to help…

1 Like

My “antenna” is a little wire coming our of my Rx, no structure as such just a bent wire.

1 Like

YES… and at the ends of that wire are signal nulls… zip, nada, nothing… and when that aligns with the transmitter nulls… you have zip, squat, nada, nothing… zip…

Cus my profile is the kind of shit that comes out of his childish behavior

1 Like

FWIW apparently 5G in Oz is only in 3.5GHz and 3.6GHz range, so maybe because it’s a WiFi hotspot could be more of the same problem. Likely many WiFi / WLAN repeaters there too, since it’s right next to the biggest train station in Melbourne.

If my hardwired experiment doesn’t work out for me, I’ll likely go to a more robust algorithm, so instead of DSSS I’ll go FHSS. A Spektrum DX5 Rugged surface radio that uses DSMR would be a good option.

1 Like

How about with one of these?

if you insist… but even that antenna has nulls… it’s easier just to verify antenna lengths and orientations than add a bunch of gogbbly-goop, and as an aside… have you ever measured one of those in 2.4gHz… I think not… hahahaa

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316265940_Evaluation_of_skew-planar_antenna_for_UAV_communication_at_24_GHz_band

All this does not bode well for esk8 remotes that change orientation all the time. How do mobile phones solve the issue?

1 Like

no… it’s easy… antennae alignment… do some reading… it’s fascinating… most of the time it works… (skateboards) cell fones operate on a different frequency… i’m not saying i can solve your problem… i;m just trying to help

my brother is a cellphone engineer… $200 an hour… want me to ask him…???

I’ve got $50 trillion Zim dollars he can have.

@pookybear bro! Lol! I was about to ask what kind of crazy build is that?!?!?!?! Are you building a car!?!?! Then I scrolled down and indeed it was a car :laughing::+1:

My other expensive hobby. I have a “big” race coming up at cencal. Trying to prep before the trip. :wink:

1 Like