Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Apparently my insurance covers acupuncture. Giving it a shot.

4 Likes

I thought you crashed into a cactus lol

6 Likes

Lol, funny story.
I had this pitbull growing up that liked to back up and shit in/on bushes. :man_shrugging:
One time we were out hiking in Joshuatree California. Dog ran off for a bit. Came back with a whole piece of a cactus stuck to his ass.
Somewhere there was a dog :poop: impaled on cactus thorns :rofl:

3 Likes

CADdict? Haha

1 Like

Thanks @mmaner, I like it.

2 Likes

What kind of fish can you catch with that?

10 Likes

Hatefish mate

7 Likes

Dang dude…I assume it all be dead?

1 Like

It’s not mine, facebook pic. I suppose it’s electrically dead.

1 Like

That’s good, too. But Maner nailed it.

2 Likes

electric eel :crazy_face:

4 Likes

You can buy expensive stainless steel precision gauges but what I do it I get approximate measurements and print a few thin gauges around my initial estimate and perceived accuracy of my estimate. Just hold it up to the model and boom that measurement is now pretty much known.

EDIT:
As I was writing the above reply, I decided to google what’s out there and this looks like a really useful tool to have, but damn that’s expensive. I couldn’t even find something cheaper.

3 Likes

Sheesh that seems pricier than it should be. It’s just a caliper with fancy tips.

I am thinking of getting this and 3D printing the other prongs
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JYCVHLK

1 Like

@jasonbhuynh What’s your setup for this board?

1 Like

Oooh that’s interesting. Let me know if you pursue that and it works out. Also let me know if it doesn’t work out haha

2 Likes

13s5p 30qs, 15/33, 190kv TB 6355s, unity

176mm gold SR hangars on bowery surf adjustable baseplates, tiller mounts

red 100mm Boa’s, Jet killshot with my own glass frit grip

5 Likes

Damn!!
How’s the torque? Top speed? What’s the range your gettin?

@Robin, please please make a build thread and do a little bit of write up. Also make sure to put pics in order. Very inerested in how you created the mould for the enclosure and fitted it perfectly to the deck. I bet it will be a popular thread.

2 Likes

Haven’t maxed the board out yet, only took it for a short ride today. This battery is from my previous build but I was getting at least 20 miles in SF hills riding hard (I never actually tested the max range because I get range anxiety and end up charging on group rides). I could probably get 25-30 miles on flats.

I’m hoping to hit 40+ mph. These motors took me to 37 on 15/38 12s on a previous build (or was it 15/36, not sure), so I should be able to hit 40. That being said, torque is slightly lower, but still pretty good since I only weigh 150 lbs it’s still plenty of torque for my needs.

4 Likes