Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Those are the idlers that came with the mount set.

4 Likes

@Skunk
Pictures and nothing else
Your SR order?

3 Likes

@ThermalChild

So sick!

I saw a review of that bludgeon on my instagram thread somewhere. Is that you?

Tell me about the Bludgeon grip solution please! Such a good looking build man!

Makes me want to put the Stooge wheels on my Xapham for real though.

My lacroix getting tanked changed everything in my build plans, dammit.

New Lacroix is getting 3dservisas gear drive. Part of me wants to do purple annodized 6 shooters and @moon gear drives on the xapham and save the stooge wheels for a fast as fuck hybrid Kaly deck on belts. 13s. 170kv 6380s with 18/42 or 20/42.

But I digress.

6 Likes

Yep yep. Ordered on the 18th…

Might of been, It was my buddies board. I was really baked when I did that though if he posted it haha.

First things first… It’s fucking huge. Like I thought my Landy Evo was huge. The deck was pretty solid, its so long you can really get a solid stance on it. The shape is nice compared to my Evo. I like a nice spot to rest my foot on for torque and that deck defiantly has it. Carving was amazing.

10/10 best board I ever rode

4 Likes

I want this robot to come work in my factory. I want it equipped with conversational AI so it can talk to me all day while building smaller robots that build boards.

10 Likes

It rides two buddy. If you’re ever in SF I can see about a joy ride.

4 Likes

Suddenly, i’m inspired to see San Francisco. If that thing is still smashing like a boss next year i think it will have to happen.

5 Likes

Oh damn. lol

8 Likes

These chargers suck. PSA: do not buy

Also, who the heck covers their heatsinks with shrink tubing?

4 Likes

Are those your generic eBay ones?

Not sure, they came from forum members over at .builders. I have like 4 of them I think.

1 Like

Seems like it, Ive got at least 5 broken ones.

1 Like

So you changed out the rideriptide deck. So just the battery left haha

you have to keep the cool trapped next to the heatsink somehow.

5 Likes

@Lionpuncher Are those Carvon SD R or Carvon SD XL or Carvon ExoDrive?

1 Like

They are neither. They’re carvon V2’s. I bought them late last year from a guy on the forum. One of namaki’s friends. They’re quite minty so I’m inclined to believe him when he said he put very little use to them. I believe Jerry machined 2 149 kv Sk3’s onto some fun box trucks. I really like them! Depending on how slow they are to start and braking power, might consider in the future rewinding them to lower kv and increase torque. Minus having to alter wheels, I must say the design is superb in its simplicity. His machined parts are gorgeous. No sensors, but I’ve always been a kickpush start kinda guy.

3 Likes

Hey is that the freerchobby 80xx motor?

Cut off the tail and reduce shaft from 12mm to 10mm?

That is something I could get behind in a group buy…

This would be the most awesome of awesome 1st group buys

21 or more motors
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/6100W-MPS-8085-KV170-RC-outrunner_60526320937.html

2 Likes

No, it’s an APS 8085 170kV.
The factory could be the same thou.
Got them on Black Friday for pretty much the same price as you can see on Ali.
I wouldn’t recommend to do a group buy with them.
I even didn’t ride them yet but had to exchange them twice. Once as it was shipped the wrong kV second because the big bearing was damaged from shipping.
I‘m super happy that APS handles warranty issues pretty good.
Don’t think that you get any support if you order directly from the factory or only if you pay shipping back to China which is ridiculous expensive for so big motors.
And yes I will cut one side of the shaft, but don’t see a reason to change anything on the diameter.
It’s no big problem to get pulleys, sprockets or gears with 12mm bore.

4 Likes

I was a bit wary after reading the noises issues experienced with APS 80xx, maybe this model better luck

@3dservisas recomended me those frrchobby 8072, they are sensored as well

Or there is the Leopards, but they would need sensors added…or encoders