Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

This is his tester deck from what I understand.

He wanted it stiffened, so 2 layers of 6oz CF on bottom.

He traded me an awesome used Landyatchz wolfshark and a Landyatchz switch (?)

I couldnā€™t resist adding the leftover of his over fabric from his hummie deck on top. Wanted it different than the other one, so we decided on mostly green and a little purple glass frit.

My plan is to paint the ā€œhide edgeā€ lime green as well. Or just black. @b264 thoughts?

4 Likes

Yes; I traded a LY Wolfshark and a LY Switch 40 for some skinning work

2 Likes

Lime green is good with me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to experiment with epoxying cloth to the deck. Iā€™d assume you need a cloth with a high resolution print cause the stuff Iā€™ve seen at Walmart wouldnā€™t look good on a board. Where do you buy the clothes?

2 Likes

Im preatty sure he uses satin from Spoonflower.
Correct me if im wrong tho.

2 Likes

Dude I want to buy an ender 3 so bad they seem like the best bang for the buck when it comes to 3d printing.

Any tips you want to share? I want to print my pulleys like @longhairedboy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have all the tips! You can find one for around $180 shipped on ebay. Donā€™t go for the pro version though. The glass plate upgrade from amazon is $16-21 and does the job. I have a pre-written file of suggested settings that I have tweaked and send it to anyone who I find out buys the ender 3 haha

4 Likes

Itā€™s at $175 right now on gear best, but dude for under 200 itā€™s so worth it.

Is the glass bed worth it? And yes Iā€™d love those files.

1 Like

Glass and PEI for the win.

3 Likes

I love this little chunky monkey.

4 Likes

Itā€™s been upgraded to 110mmā€¦ on a 30.43" deckā€¦ and itā€™s super fun

6 Likes

I reckon it would kill me. Imagining a back flip first run lol

1 Like

If you donā€™t know what youā€™re doing, the first thing that happens when you hit the throttle is the front wheels lift up

You have to lean forward when you throttle up

2 Likes

I really want to give an 80ā€™s style deck a go. I spent my early life on one of those things. I know you wonā€™t agree but I would go hubs for mine. This could actually be a thing. I have everything bar a bms and enclosure. Actually I do have an old fiik enclosure that I could re purpose.

You know Iā€™m calling it Brian donā€™t you

7 Likes

With the exception of losing all that potential Thane hubs are great for short boards with limited space.
But itā€™s really hard for me to give up all that thick cushy urethane

7 Likes

canā€™t wait to see what is going on here !! Please tease us !!! :star_struck: :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m only putting hubs on because I have some torquey little jacobs sitting on the bench.

1 Like

What you do when your wife and kids are asleep is none of my business I wonā€™t judge

5 Likes

Iā€™ve found in this forum and indeed in life in general when you get to a certain age the pervert jokes just keep on coming. :joy:

5 Likes

I actually did that. Santa Cruz double kick, which is what I skated as a kid, it was garbage.

Thurs is there only pic I can find.

3 Likes