Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I have spreaded the esk8 disease in my workshop, my technicians have inherited some of the parts I had used on previous builds put them back on order with custom made parts. So not all of them are mine

The Evolve is still an ongoing project (longest unfinished project ever)
The eBomber, newest build
The GT40, favorite high speed board
The Raptor 2, used only when nothing else works
The Subsonic Century 40", from made by Diego
The Darth Maul, recovered by Paja

4 Likes

Oh that’s right Darth Maul, how could I have forgotten :rofl:

The OG hex grip board

Was from old forum so I forgot

3 Likes

The Bladerunner is also being recovered by Abdi very soon

I finally got around to doing my Carbon GT recently. Finally. finally

A simple “I’m going to put new cells in here and keep EVERYTHING ELSE stock” turned into “the only original Evolve parts are the deck, the lid, four heatsink bolts, and two plastic wire clamps”

I’ll still call it a Carbon GT, Ship of Theseus style.

1 Like

Did you use thermal compound between the two parts of the case? Even though it’s a small area, I think it would do well to transfer heat from the main body to those plates.

Good on you figuring out how to mount these for external airflow. It’s unfortunate that in stock configuration without thermal material it seems this probably won’t make too much of a difference though… Kinda wish the electronics mounted on the other side, with a fancy/pretty/clean top instead of a fancy/pretty/clean bottom with no mounting options where the heat actually sinks to.

1 Like

Thought you only had 1 neobox? Did you pick this one up from someone else or did the second simply not have any production issues?
or am I just forgetful?

I bought 2 and received 2.

One of them had the major issues (the ripped pcb)

the other one had the same issues everyone else has.

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

@Venom121212 twinsies! except printed in purple and used tape to hold together on the bottom.

3 Likes

yes it’s really unfortunate how the case and heat sink are built almost completely upside-down and not really very useful I guess you could make pill cases out of them or something

1 Like

8 Likes

That’s what she said

2 Likes

I’m going to try to keep the deck, trucks and motors. It’ll be a nce board for a newby lady

3 Likes

I did keep all of that. If it’s not broken, why fuck with it?

Then the motors with loose magnets did not work well at all with HFI, and the mounts only fit Racerstar, so I just ended up putting new trucks / mounts / motors / wheels / et cetera

looks like both

4 Likes

Maybe. Comes off easily, making me think it’s threadlocker, but I don’t recall using red one, and how did it get in the socket head? :thinking:

Flinging outward from the bearings at high rotation?

Bolts themselves rusting?

:man_shrugging:

Wow that was quick!

3 Likes

Jenso is the fucking man :facepunch:

2 Likes