Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Thank you! Huh interesting (I’m still reading up on batteries so I’m still new this)

I’m not able to import files yet since I’m still waiting of my student credentials to go through so the ports of where the connections go are wacky, but should I assume the compartment will look like this?:

I’m a bit confused about how theater connections play with the rest of the arrangement

is this a xP + xP pack in the middle with the outer NESE’s being 2sxp’s?

edit: just noticed I labeled the positive and negatives wrong, fixing now

Yes, middle pack is 3P + 3P, and all other packs are 2s3P.

Hmm, if your renders are correct ( I don’t have the deck on me ), then maybe I won’t be able to get away with simple 90degree bends of the original buses. Might need to get custom ones :thinking:

Related: Can’t wait to see the new 21700 NESE modules, I think I might be able to fit a 12s2p instead, which would give me a sliver more of range, but more importantly, higher voltage :slight_smile:

Awesome that’s the size of the NESE packs in the render with the bolts on.

Edit: I was wrong, the render above was for 2s2p’s and 2p + 2p’s

The Positive and Negative Terminals aren’t in the right locations. Once Shapr3d approves my Education License , I’ll import the real module’s or fix the location. If you can measure the arraignment from the end to end I can tell you if it lints and if the 90 Degree is possible (or at the very least the distance from the positive to the the negative.

I can measure for you , are you using the same layout?

For the Terminal touching the middle part are you not going to put a screw on it ? What about the outer Terminals?

1 Like

Yes, terminals touching the middle get nothing. Outer terminals all have screws.The outer terminals closest to the middle are used for the balance wires.

I figure if the bends aren’t possible like I showed in my pic, then I’ll just rotate the bus piece by 180 degrees. Won’t be as compact though. Or maybe the 21700 12s2p modules will fit better with this weird configuration :man_shrugging:

Another layout (that I know fits), is ||||_
and then you would place the ESC sideways, and BMS on the slope part of the enclosure.

1 Like

I’m good, thanks. Unless you want to know the measurements for yourself, then I’d be more than happy to measure them for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fiddled some more. I used 3Dhubs to get a close but still imprecise measurements:

I don’t think a 2s3p Alt Arrangement would fit though:

Two Vertical 2s3p enclosures measure up to 148.4mm (74.2mm + 74.2mm)

According to the dimension by Jeff:

The compartment space for the battery is at most 160.84mm long. that leaves only 12.44mm of play room:

I can only imagine 27100 being bigger. I think I’m going to stick with 8s3p since it’s the cleanest configuration:

If I’m hard pressed for speed I can always add a 3p module :

1 Like

not even 1 day old?

3 Likes

which batteries are those

Just took them out the box to mount them and noticed it. Shaft is bent and a couple threads looked crossed. Bearing won’t even slide over.

2 Likes

That’s a return that’s found it’s way back out

8 Likes

About to be another return then lol

4 Likes

It’s a DS 12S10P w/ 18650 cells :drooling_face:

1 Like

i replied to wrong pic, sorry

The ones in @Scepterr’s pic are supposedly refurbed 40Ts from Battery Clearing House.

1 Like

ah yes that’s the pic

What is it? Direct drive?

Yeah it’s direct drive, arrived with a bent shaft and some crossed threads. Bummed as today was gonna be a build day and tomorrow a have fun day. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Looks like the gear drive business is doing well for someone :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Im playing a joke. Just waiting for a certain someone to wake up :rofl:

4 Likes

But it’s still a smaller hex size and also probably half as deep, generally that design is crap and you should only use it if head profile is of paramount importance.

I use those round head hex on truck hardware on shortboards when I’m going to be standing on top of the screw head and a hex socket cap won’t make for a great foot surface.

In general, if you don’t have to use them, don’t use them. At all. Especially not if it’s for appearance reasons. It’s a huge mistake.

3 Likes