Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Wait seriously, I remember you went on one time about how trash they were

1 Like

IMO: Go buy a proper set of metric hex ‘blades’ from Wiha and stop fucking around with Allen keys for everything. Allens aren’t general purpose use at this scale anyway. Most often I see Weras breaking off in grub screws, which could very well be user error.

5 Likes

At least weras are great for sounding!

5 Likes

Real talk those might be fake, or maybe Wera has started licensing their brand to OEMs I have beat the shit out of mine with hammers and pipe wrenches and never sheared one clean.

2 Likes

The Wera Apologists have arrived!

I’m kidding. Nothing has changed. Same as they have always been. Garbage.

At BattleBots/Combots the Wiha vs Wera debate was a religious one. The Wera crowd actually started making crucifixes with all of their broken Allen keys. Nerds are weird.

Go team Wiha.

This + a set of metric hex blades is my go-to. You shouldn’t need the leverage from an Allen key on anything less than m4, which is probably why people are stripping them when they try to using the reconstituted tinfoil that Wera passes off as tool steel.

6 Likes

haha and none of the testers get this very nice looking case. Suck on that you early adopter dorks.

2 Likes

I swo it while ago, just copied…here you have, if you want to use it!

4 Likes

Aren’t you one of the ‘early adopters’ still waiting on your preproduction unit? Lmao hopefully you get the new version by the time it gets to ya

Exactly :smile:

there’s no way. My neoboxes already got shipped. No word on where they are. Probably still in HK.

1 Like

You might be upset, but barely anything got changed on the production units lol

Me and upset? Nah not me. Just sad about the whole situation.

2 Likes

I swear by this wera set, fight me😜

6 Likes

I think the problem here is that you got the stainless steel version. Not only does it cost more, but it’s probably weak.

3 Likes

Make sure you don’t get the Imperial set because Bunnings decided to stock only that and now my set doesn’t fit 90% of my screws

1 Like

if you must get Allen keys, I would recommend these, they work at a 15° angle, perfect for tight and awkward spaces

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6PWYVG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_HT0REbABC5TF9

1 Like

Round ends might be good for big keys 3mm+ but for little ones like the 2mm, 2.5mm they strip easier

4 Likes

I would agree but these aren’t exactly round, it’s hard to explain, but I’ve used these a lot on specifically 2-3mm lol

The only reason for stainless is the corrosion resistance, correct?

1 Like

Yes, and svelte looks

The guy on that motorcycle/bike; did you by any chance get the name? I remember seeing it on an indiegogo or kickstart but can’t remember now

3 Likes