Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Add slide pads DIY with velcro tape! & I took one nasty fall with them, wrist took a good hit but nothing broken thanks to them.

Wish you speed recovery man, now another person I wanna race :fire:

1 Like

Damn. That really suxs. I have had the same shit happened to me before but tht was with my unities.

I really hope you can find the issue.
Glad you’re good man. Have in mind that It could always have been worse

1 Like

Haggyboard vs. Ollin.

1 Like

Firmware 4.xx? I had over a dozen of them riding yesterday. Almost lost balance a couple times yesterday as well.

The metr log is kinda crazy https://metr.at/r/0lbEt

2 Likes

I wouldn’t give a penny to ollin

4 Likes

god damn finally some pics!

1 Like

Fw4.02. Did your faults cause a full cutout?

@xsynatic

First ride since last August :cold_sweat: :speak_no_evil: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yessir and I had my motor temps set to 120c for both full cut out and soft cut off.

I was taking it easy for the most part too wasn’t really tucking or going to fast as tons of people on the trail.

I hope your okay at least you know why it happened now…
Fucking temp sensors.

2 Likes

I must have been mia when this fallout with ollin happened,Ollinesc used to be the most reliable one

Huh thats weird as fuck. I think I recall @Deodand saying something about smoothing the temp sensor value in the upcoming fw5.0, but im not sure if thats relevant to our issues.

Think ill be turning off thermal throttling.

Did your cutoffs affect your remote or receiver at all? My remote disconnected and will not reconnect after my fall. The board did not take any hits so im scratching my head as to why they will not re-pair. I had to call for an air-lift to get home.

1 Like

@BenjaminF yeah frank or deodand said somethings up with code, so it hits the hard thermal cutoff before the soft cutoff with the v4 software, but should be fixed in the v5. I’ve been experiencing the same thing with my vesc 6+. sometimes I get full cutout at 80c and sometimes till 90 even though my soft is set at 90 and my hard at 100.

3 Likes

Yeah this seems to be what happened with me. I wasnt breaking though. Quite the opposite in fact :joy:

1 Like

@BenjaminF not sure why I said brakes, edited. happens during acceleration for me also.

1 Like

DJ Life :metal:

1 Like

Yeah if you look at the metr log or my faults you could see it was throwing fault codes but recording low temperatures. I’m fairly sure this was because there’s such crazy jitter to the recorded values that when it logs the value it logs a different value then what actually tripped the fault.

What leads me to believe this, is the live monitoring from my vesc remote as the display is freaking out and showing way higher values then get recorded and it’s changing drastically every update (the numbers don’t even have time to be fully drawn on the display before its updating to the next value sometimes +/- 50C).

I don’t think metr is polling frequently enough to record these wild fluctuations so that’s why you see over temp faults at 40C.

As far as the remote/receiver issue goes not sure that might take some extra investigation as that varies so much from board to board.

1 Like

@Mainflow

Winter life :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This rings true to me. I know that Jeff and Ben are addressing the motor temp fluctuations in fw5.0. Until then, im turning off thermal throttling

That being said, does anyone know how to turn off thermal throttling? Im not seeing an option in the mobile VESC tool

@BenjaminF could always just cut the temp wire for a permanent fix

1 Like