Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Thanks. It’s actually an Ownboard Bamboo AT that I modded with fsecs 6.6 mini, Hoyt puck, TB110/evolve 6.

1 Like

yeah @rene, this is awesome! And highly/completely inspire me :+1:

I was waiting since last year to find a way to mount mini with a GD :stuck_out_tongue:

@BigBen, Jens ride them since at least 2016 !!

I’m on the Reaktor one :heart_eyes:

I was working on different way to could adapt “every” Channel type drive setup on them :wink: (like I do with TKP (originally hex profile) working with every Caliber type truck :slight_smile:

And now, see they are all custom axle, and the one on the right (rear) is axle adaptor for screw-axle style (like Surfrordz or 1st BN220… just because cheaper) :

13 Likes

I can’t wait…I want a couple of 60Ds. What are those 100Ds, yeah?

2 Likes

Looking awesome, designed by you? And you got them machined somewhere? :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

They are some trucks from Germany forgot the name of it

2 Likes

Yes sir !

I just modeled it from the existing Flame mtb trucks that I bought ^^
But for the custom axle machinist ask me around 250€ for the 4 pieces … :grimacing:

Flame axles are made from Alloy, I try to make them from steel!

3 Likes

:wink: yes, just like @rene !

3 Likes

Is the picture with the stock axles?

yes, stock one (alloy) here :

3 Likes

Alloy steel? Surface finish is nice

1 Like

no steel :thinking: if Im right (AL7075 stock one)

I want steel (like 42CD04T)

bottom one

And every chanel type drive could be set on them :smiley: !!!

6 Likes

maybe thats the hanger material?

maybe …

but they say alloy axle on the website…

And Rene is making it full AL7075.

Oeh that looks good! Where will u get the drive manufactured?

1 Like

not eggzakery… what you are feeling is cogging effect on the magnetic flux, showing not only how strong the flux field is, but also how weak it is… some like this “feel” as they “think” this is desirable… but it’s not, and it’s not as efficient as a flux field that is better directed and managed, and does not exhibit this “cogging” feel…

2 Likes

Looks like a sweet design, but what plastic are you using? I would worry it will melt when soldering

5 Likes

solder first. then push terminals thru the back

EDIT:

Or better yet, push wire thru printed housing, solder terminal away from printed part and pull the wire to pull the terminal into the housing… brilliant!!!

8 Likes

Its just normal pla for now, i think im gonna use nylon in the end… and yes, like @kook said, i have to solder first and then push and glue the bullet connectors in :smiley:

3 Likes

A mockup of the legendary MR90 emerges from the imagination

11 Likes

I was asking not if the shaft was keyed for the pulley — but is the shaft keyed for the rotor (with the magnets on it)? Because rotors slipping on the shaft has been a consistent problem with many different motor designs/brands. Grubscrews are shit.

3 Likes