Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

source (9)

Give KiCAD a spin.

2 Likes

Been on hypertrucks before. “First Nazare in the Bay Area. Long before they came to replace all boosted boards” And personally I think matrix 2 are well balanced for my riding style

Been there done that I’ve chosen what I like :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again, you don’t really know a board/trucks until you’ve put a couple thousand miles on it.

Now stop getting distracted and get back to texting me n00ds.

2 Likes

I mean if you try hard then you can get something half decent out of Proteus:

(For £500 000 machine used in nuclear industry)

2 Likes

Bahahahaha image

3 Likes

I have no doubt that Proteus is super capable. The issue with any software that old (like PADs or even Altium to an extent) is that they get cemented into specific industries and then are fearful to make any big changes that might rock the boat and piss off their corporate customer base (which usually hold hundreds of seat licenses). This ends up with the code base and feature-set stagnating because ‘it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ and the thought of investing R&D into a secondary product isn’t as appealing to most of these companies that already have a foothold in the market & a solid primary product offering. Most secondary efforts fail.

Good example of how this can be addressed: Autodesk Inventor & Auotdesk Fusion. Inventor exists in a similar state as it’s release- They have improved functionality and removed bugs, refined UI, but they don’t veer off the beaten path far. They spun up the Fusion project as an experimental platform to test out new/weird/notoriously buggy features and it eventually grew into its own standalone CAD software (it was originally browser based when people were trying to figure out what to do with web apps).

Now there’s even a Fusion ‘tab’ in Inventor, that brought over compatible/experimental features proven out in Fusion into Inventor. It’s an interesting upstream/downstream model that actually worked. Fusion & Inventor started as cousins and are now closer to half siblings.

On FlexPCB Battery topic: Here’s another one, a 12S4P 21700 I worked on with @Kaly (his batteries are prettier than mine tho)

One thing to note on these is that the PCB is not carrying any actual load current, only the balance traces carry any current (bleed off level) and they’re thick enough to handle it. The nickel is welded in place, then folded over onto the next P-group nickel, welded, & soldered in place.

Anyway, Non-consensual TED Talks are my kink. Sorry.

2 Likes

See, by knowing that this is the case, if you really give it your best effort, 50% of the time you will insert it first-try. The USB gods must love me, because it feels like I get it in first try like 9/10 times.

I’m so mad right now :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Random BMS failure?

No it’s completely my fault. Which is the more annoying thing. I unplugged one of my series leads to reorganize the wiring and make it fit, and it grazed the bms.

It was like 30v of my pack so you can imagine the power that went through in 0.5 seconds. It obliterated that one smd resistor

2 Likes

<:( Thats a pass-through BMS for discharge too right? Ill pray for you man thats just awful.

Yeah haha it was. I’m pretty sure it would be more of a pain to try and fix it so I will probably just bite and spend the 40 for a new one. sUcks!

1 Like

that one time a snake ate my skateboard

8 Likes

Looks like friggin Crocodile :crocodile::laughing: just ate it.

1 Like

Damn @CiscoV that thing is beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
How much. I’ve got cash, same cash you handed me. I’ll roll by tonight

3 Likes

Haha. Make sure you bring your euc when you come around!!

Can’t see myself letting go of any of them

Let’s go for a ride already

You can ride both boards back to back.

Feeling ballsy!? 4wd evo is calling your name!

Is it a kit or just a parts list?

@Venom121212 Took a lot of debris out of 2 of my Haggy wheels after my last crash.
Funny thing. They never went flat lol

3 Likes

That’s insane. Mine seem to go flat if I take them too far away from my house.

3 Likes

Random parts basically got 6 motors for super cheap second hand and pile of parts (GPS pixhawk FC etc), bought the frame and trying to make it work with betaflight (kakute F7 flight controller) eventually want to try with inav and gps control from ground station computer but have a lot more experience with 5" and smaller acrobatic setups really.

About to hook up vtx to do some configuration through goggles and eventually camera will get here for fpv view.

2 Likes