Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Mod for the mini remote? have any more info? needed components? I need this for my daughter’s small hands.

4 Likes

Excuse me but uhh…what is that?

1 Like

Mobile electric generator.

8.25 kWh worth of 30q cells all going in an enclosure with an inverter.

It’ll also eventually have solar panels to charge it.

Uses are esk8 events, picnics, outdoor parties, and my Chicago to LA on an esk8 which I’ll probably do in the next 10 years

15 Likes

Gonna put some 8" wheels and tow it like a charge trailer while on that mission?

2 Likes

Mystery Solved! so that is what was in marsellus wallace’s briefcase!

5 Likes

Come out of it okay?

10 Likes

I went sliding, arm hurts a bit but all good. the post grabbed both wheels and snapped the trucks off lol

13 Likes

oh also, no cracks still on either foamies on the impact side. :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Dodged one there. Sorry about the board.

3 Likes

It’ll be back. my 3d printed wings took a lot of the impact. I’m replacing baseplate and hangers because I don’t trust em anymore, no cracks on the carbon and everything still runs

10 Likes

glad you are okay, looks like a story

2 Likes

Dang bro! Yikes!!

1 Like

@BluPenguin for how bad that damaged the trucks I would be worried able the carbon fiber being compromised. You might be able to use some methods they use to check over mountain bike frames. There could be internal stress cracks or fractures you can’t see on the surface.

1 Like

plz

Video next time.

2 Likes

Yup for sure. On the gt decks they’re a clamshell type layout. I loaded the decked and looked for any signs of splitting along the seams and the inside edges. Looks okay to me so far

4 Likes

For shits and giggles I went back just now and did the same thing on an ebike

3 Likes

Damn yeah that spot is just begging for a boarding accident

3 Likes

Ya its mostly on me lol. I thought I could carve around the speed bump under the K rail and I clipped the support

5 Likes

imo every truck on the planet is just much to weak for eskate needs.
I told that a few times and i will preach until the very end: The forces on the trucks in eskates are much,much bigger than on standard long-or skateboard trucks. Surely depends always on the situation how the force is applied, but i think its a problem these days in general.
When im looking at all these monster boards out there(no example here bc dont want to make bad some brands) im always asking myself why the vendors just stuck at 8mm or 10mm axles? Why dont they produce 20mm axles?
Just because of cheap bearings which have to fit a tiny amount of wheels which only can be used anyways in eskate?

3 Likes

you and me both man. I always considered 10mm axle minimum at the lengths we run. 20mm might be too much, but I think 12-15mm hollow steel axles would be absolutely ideal… who knows. One day. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes