Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@City-Blade-101 you have a Onan X2 there?! ->

Me too, with two dead batteries :see_no_evil:

1 Like

correct me if i’m wrong but it seems like @Venom121212 circuit board is at least 20,202 x’s better than Venom06 board

1 Like

Those underglow lights would make my board twice as illegal as it is already

@Venom121212

3 Likes

Justin - how man volts are you pushing through those LED strips?

12 volts via a buck converter

2 Likes

I don’t record too many of my rides, but the carver has about 10 cycles on the pack now and range is feeling pretty good, so I wanted to see how it was fairing. It’s a 12S2P 10Ah lipo pack, rode mostly up to between 25-30 with a lot of stop lights/signs and this ride took it from 4.08 down to 3.61, which I’m pretty happy with.

1 Like

It looks like an automobile “frame” which they call a “skateboard” in the industry — the thing they base multiple makes and models of electric automobile upon. It’s essentially the drive train. There are a smaller number of “skateboards” than vehicle models.

4 Likes

Yeah, still riding them and they are still going strong for about 2 years of every day abuse(have more than just one, hehhe…got two 4WD but one unit is broken now, bc my hanger broke and the motor cables ripped of the esc.
I know you have one, but you have the older bldc model right?

1 Like

Ahh! That makes a lot of sense now. Also the scale is not quite apparent from that pic.

2 Likes

I don’t know it it’s the BLDC … it is very silent when I ride

1 Like

yeah them bldc are silent as well and them foc models are not to hear at all.
You can see it on the esc: if you have this kind of “full battery break thing” installed (its a chip with two big copper parts pluged into the esc which i posted above :point_up_2:) then you have the newer foc mode model.

@J0ker link to stl ?

3 Likes

I know one thing, mine doesn’t have these weak truck, mine are more Paris style and very thick

1 Like

hahaha… the hangers on mine are pretty thick,too (onan uses all the same trucks on all models Though), but dropping down stairs and curbs every day, causes the breaking of mine. I think its the weight of the motors, that is pretty hard to handle for every 8mm truck. Im not skating nice roads, i like rough conditions and our streets and sidewalks are pretty rough, so the perfect playground for me. You just need to hit a curb with a motor mount and the hanger will break like a tooth pick.

🖼️ Pictures and nothing else!?

@Bindings_McGee , You actually used the puck as a puck?! @hoyt guys (ladies), that’s some truth in advertising. :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Was that artwork just available somewhere, or did you ask LY for it?

1 Like

images - 2020-03-26T231802.063

I took this photo from google and tinkered with it

6 Likes

No way! Did you try asking before though? :laughing:

Edit: I see you’ve added a lot of things to it, it’s definitely not just a copy, damn :smiley:

3 Likes

Good artists copy, great artists steal

9 Likes

Those pics are four different crash states of that single shell - I’ve landed directly on it/slid on it over 30mph at least 7 times now.

3rd or 4th crash knocked off a PCB resistor, though they knew this was an issue because of some weird shell alignment. Fixed in 5mins

4th or 5th crash broke the potentiometer coupler, also an issue they knew about and fixed

Latest crash, of the butt hurtening, finally left that tiny crack. Titebond III + clamp and it’s like it never happened :eggplant:

1 Like