Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Is it closed cell or open cell?

Does it return to its original shape after being smashed for a while?

It’s a closed cell

1 Like

Anyone tried printing gaskets with TPU?

2 Likes

Is that th Etsy deck+gaskets?

Ah yes, The true hierarchy of needs

5 Likes

That looks a a normal mountain board with caster wheels attached. Hell I could make that.

1 Like

Check the camber on the wheels.
You would need to either bend your truck axles or use FleXL trucks to get the same effect :rofl:

2 Likes

Does this make you want to try it @mmaner

1 Like

Maybe the trucks are bent in the picture. I feel like you could get better performance out of those lean trucks

2 Likes

beautiful setup…

3 Likes

Or, this customer could avoid leaving this board next to the ocean to get hit by a wave. All electronics died, battery survived thanks to the enclosure design keeping all the water pooled in the electronic compartment.

Motors and wheels received all new bearings as well.

No

7 Likes

If a board can’t survive an ocean wave, it’s not good enough

1 Like

I have with limited success… you can get a good fit, on a cambered deck, but they lack any substantial squish, and really require some additional sealant…

1 Like

Okay… that’s actually overstepping a bound.

90%+ boards can’t ride on even compacted shoreline sand.

https://freebordmfg.wixsite.com/so/35N2Mx77j/c?w=7yVykOI2AzxPAe-jULMsZOIpOONob68f4xtuw6wg_5Q.eyJ1IjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9yZWJyYW5kLmx5L0ZyZWVib3JkNSIsInIiOiI0NTU5MTM1My05YTEyLTQ1M2YtMmZlMy1jMzFhNjZhNzI2MjEiLCJtIjoibWFpbCIsImMiOiJiYjgwN2U4My03ZjZjLTRjZWUtOWMxMC1mM2ViMzJiNTFjMGYifQ

does this link work to show the secret?

apparently it does work

#sorrynotsorryFreebord

So, full ceramic bearings, titanium axle/hardware only, vapor deposition coating on all motors and exposed metals, positive pressure enclosure to eject high pressure water intake, plastic capped/sealed charging outlets

4 Likes

Don’t forget it also needs to float

2 Likes

this sounds like a really good idea, and do-able on a peli-case build

aviation folks do use titanium bearing races and they hold up. link removed, my bad, those are titanium nitride coated steel. the fatboy hangers use titanium axles. folks like @KfromtheBay already use titanium bolts and nuts because they purdy. i don’t know if applying PVD to motor parts makes sense when we can rebuild them with a ti shaft/bearings, and all other surfaces covered in epoxy/conformal

When I click that link, it shows the secret being the early bird price

1 Like