Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I’ve got a dozen of these laying around

1 Like

LOL. it’s almost like you are talking to me. I bought a $2000 Mellow drive for $300 :joy:

4 Likes

Oh thats why you have it :joy:

1 Like

no way would I pay their stupid asking MSRP unless I actually travel with a board. I see them often for $350-$500, not too bad at that point

1 Like

worth it just for the endless ride feature.

Ouch

Looks like his head hit pretty hard.
Anyone on here?

2 Likes

That’s homie with the cosmic lacroix. Not on here

5 Likes

He okay???

1 Like

He good

3 Likes

On a related note, let’s discuss how to mitigate that with 20/20 hindsight.
My initial reaction when I first started esk8ing when the wobbles started was to throw my hands out and try to balance like he did, since then I’ve drilled it into myself to crouch and even grab the deck if the wobbles happen. I’ve had wobbles at 30-40 but managed to crouch and break.

4 Likes

He also just didn’t let off the throttle and had loose trucks and soft bushings

2 Likes

Usually wobbles can be stopped with a weight shift. I feel like the more you weight the rear, the worse the wobble gets. So it just happens on an eboard, when you let off the throttle your weight goes forward and off the back truck. That seems like most of the time will upset the balance and get rid of it.

4 Likes

Split truck angles.

5 Likes

I have 35 rear and 45 front. rear is tight with hard bushings. I got the wobbles after going over the three drain channels at higher speed after changing from Foamies to 107s yesterday, didn’t have this issues on Foamies. I shifted my weight forward and got rid of the wobbles

8 Likes

Agreed. The natural instinct when you feel wobbles is to tense up and lean back a bit when you need to do the opposite.

I still get shiver induced wobbles when it’s really cold out

10 Likes

my deck is angled down in front, I don’t remember the degrees anymore, also I keep wider wheel base in the rear vs front

@Venom121212 Kevlar jeans + underarmour long johns for the shiver wobbles

2 Likes

Do you get speed wobbles?

I’ve always wondered about this.

So in my current setup, I have the front of the deck slightly lower than the rear but equal wheel spacing.

Would I get an improvement by removing a spacer in the front? Or only by widening the rear further?

I can get wobbles at 30+mph, I don’t think it’s possible to eliminate wobbles entirely, especially at 30-40+
the fastest I’ve gone is 45mph for a mile

2 Likes

That really depends on your trucks/bushings