šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

I have only done 20 miles on my 9ā€ mudpluggers but Iā€™m finding them quite good off-road.

What is it that you arenā€™t liking?

3 Likes

I always think I want to try 9 and 10 inch tires, and then I feel the inertia it adds and I go to evolveskateboards.com with my tail between my legs and check if the 7inch streets are back in stock.

1 Like

yes! I have a test board with 8" tires, it also has matrix trucks(me no like), the combination deploys my inner vagina. Im normal pretty fearless (read stupid) about crashing. I dont know witch of these has me riding in a skirt with me sweet purse,because of so many variables but every time I exceed 150 mm tires, confidence goes down. Im talking street riding,im sure lower speed trail riding would be different.

I got stoked for TB130mm urethane wheels, put them on, and aside from the awesome looksā€™ hated them. The TB 110s were better in every way.

standard disclamer,im probably doing it wrong

Holy sh:exploding_head:t what is that enclosure??? The pattern looks like that of an eboosted Switchblade enclosure, but that end piece has got some curves!!! Is it fiberglass? Did you make it? Did it come with a hole piece for that XT-90 connector? Tell me more!!!

4 Likes

Welp.
I am really comparing them directly to the experience with the MBS nines.

And I am really thinking more of road ridingā€¦

I think if you go on any kind of surface that is not smooth then Mudpluggers are great.
Great on grass, dirt, gravel, and even snow.

But when I leave my garage to go up the road, the Mudpluggers donā€™t run as smoothly on the road compared to the MBS tires.
The MBS run true and smooth for me.
The Trampa have a slight wobble.

The Clever knobby 8 inch tires I have on the Gravel Boi are a better balance of threads and smoothness on the road.

So I would really like a 9 inch version of those.

Which the MBS kind of are. Except I think the MBS threads wear out quicker.

2 Likes

This is an eboosted enclosure + a 3d printed part and a little bit of fiber glas.

Also Made the enclosure 10mm deeper since my battery turned out just a bit to thick. Iā€™d rather raise the enclosure by 10mm than to redo the battery.

This will actually go on the switchblade you (@rusins) sold me back in Jan 23. I plan to combine it with razillians dkps.
This build really goes on over a long period of time :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Yooo, thatā€™s awesome! Super clean too, I love it! :smiley:
(And hilarious that itā€™s going on a Switchblade that I sold to you :laughing: I donā€™t even remember that! XD )

3 Likes

I surely can not believe such beauty is coming from my own hands :rofl: we will see how long it lasts

Youā€™ve done a killer job there dude! I was curious what that thing was

3 Likes

That makes sense. The mudpluggers shine off road and are kind of just ok for street. Definitely wouldnā€™t be my first choice for street only.

I donā€™t think I notice the change in rotational mass because Iā€™m on 4wd. Though I do notice better freeroll on 9ā€ even with on 25 psi.

1 Like

Thats fucking gangster shit man :metal:

1 Like

@JesseM What the heck are/were you doing?!? busting a nut?

1 Like

Went to check the tension on mounting bolts just coz, saw something funny with the motor mount so had to check them, saw that id never got around to cutting the shafts down on the motor so did that, then the burner and angle grinderā€¦ so on and so forthā€¦ it was the karma pendulum catching up to shoddy past assembly.

Funny thing is, that board is on the table next for a full rebuild, its why i hadnt done the job previously but i just couldnt bring myself to put it back shoddy once i was that far in.

4 Likes

ahhh a case of ā€œwhile Iā€™m at it, I might as wellā€¦ā€ I know it all too well, but I stupidly work more hours then Iā€™m paid for because of that mentality.

BTW, is that the Ryobi battery operated 1 gallon compressor? how do you like it?

Great for around the shed for a quick squirt, easy to drag into the yard like today to clear grub screaws and that sort of thingā€¦ clear the benchā€¦ wouldnt do any serious sort of work with it, hasnt gor the legs.

1 Like

Day 69 waiting on @alankerr to make a build thread for his badass work.

1 Like

BOTY 2024, calling it now.

Iā€™ve got such a nerd boner for this project. Iā€™m going to kidnap your dog if you donā€™t make a build thread by the time I wake up tomorrow.

:dog::gun::ninja::couple_with_heart_man_man::face_in_clouds:

5 Likes

@Venom121212 is that a skate tat? Considering a stator outline myself. I donā€™t have any.

Thereā€™s a GPT for thatā€¦

2 Likes

Yep. Esk8 modor is a good :bulb:

2 Likes

It lives!!!

Does it work?

I freaking love you for trying this dude!!!

4 Likes